No announcement yet.

IF Floyd didn't get the decision in JLC 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF Floyd didn't get the decision in JLC 1

Look I don't want to argue this and that who won it was a close enough fight that JLC could have got the nod

If Floyd didn't have the "0" how does it effect boxing in the 2010s

Floyd wouldn't have been so cautious, and scared to rematch biggest rivals.
    It's one thing having rematch wins over little names in scheme of things like Castillo and maidana. But another thing over pac and nelo

Comment

Virtually nothing. He would have decisively won the rematch and went on to have the same career he had. The 0 meant very little.

Thinking any fighters at that level are "scared" to face each other is laughable.

Comment

Not much because he dominated the rematch. Castillo lost 5 of the first 6 rounds in the first fight though, people just got excited because Floyd got pushed, and because the commentary was biased as hell lol.

Comment

It was a close fight, but as others have said he won the rematch soundly. It would probably affect his brand a little, there is no 0 anymore. But he still goes down as one of the best.

Comment

Floyd was a rigged fraud. Arum HBO Haymon Showtime Sulaiman all conspired to keep the fraud undefeated. Castillo was rigged to play soft in the rematch too.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
              Floyd wouldn't have been so cautious, and scared to rematch biggest rivals.
              It's one thing having rematch wins over little names in scheme of things like Castillo and maidana. But another thing over pac and nelo
              man....nelo? a generous judge would have gave him what 3 rounds lol

Pacquaio: mister he run, he do nothing.....no complaints in corner about his shoulder, no rub down, taking selfies raising hands before and after fight....he lost clearly

if mayweather didnt have his 0, a positive thing would be youd be less butthurt and delusional about his career

Comment

Originally posted by JK1700 View Post
                Not much because he dominated the rematch. Castillo lost 5 of the first 6 rounds in the first fight though, people just got excited because Floyd got pushed, and because the commentary was biased as hell lol.
                Not really, Floyd wasn't much of a commodity back then, he was regarded as a great young fighter. I think the general perception was based on merit of what people saw.

Castillo also swept most of the back half of the fight. It was a drawish type fight where you could have scored narrow it either way, but if you were going to lean one way or another it would be Castillo. He threw more, landed more, his accuracy and skill that night impressed me, his counters were clever and when he landed he landed very clean punches head and body. He looked every bit a Julio Cesar Chavez protege that night.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  man....nelo? a generous judge would have gave him what 3 rounds lol

Pacquaio: mister he run, he do nothing.....no complaints in corner about his shoulder, no rub down, taking selfies raising hands before and after fight....he lost clearly

if mayweather didnt have his 0, a positive thing would be youd be less butthurt and delusional about his career
                  I had it 3-3 after 6, and he won the 12th. People dont watch that fight properly, I remember Breadman mentioning it in one of his mail bags, he saw what I saw. Canelo boxing well in the first 6, but couldn't keep up with Floyd's consistency and mental stamina in the second half.

I dont think there many fighters who actually boxed with Floyd the way Canelo did. He doesnt get enough credit there, and I'm not particularly a fan. I think the 114 card took away from the fact that Canelo was competing on even terms in the first half.

I implore you to watch that fight again, with a neutral hat on (prob not possible)

Comment

Originally posted by LDBC Slayer View Post
                    Look I don't want to argue this and that who won it was a close enough fight that JLC could have got the nod

If Floyd didn't have the "0" how does it effect boxing in the 2010s
                    Boxing would've been even more of a "niche" sport & da MMA phaggots would b more insufferable. May filled the void left by Mike Tyson, ODLH,Evander, LennoxLewis, etc

Comment

Working...
                    X