Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: What Do Boxers Think About Fighting Without Any Fans in Attendance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: What Do Boxers Think About Fighting Without Any Fans in Attendance?

By Dan Rafael - Talk to any boxing promoter, manager or television executive with an involvement in the sport and they will all tell you that when fights do resume they will take place in controlled environments without spectators due to the coronavirus pandemic. While that scenario will mean cards will generate less revenue due to not having any ticket-buying...
    [Click Here To Read More]

It’s most certainly going to be lacking a heavy element without the crowd, but as long as they’re getting paid appropriately they won’t be too bothered.

It’s not like the place will be completely empty. There will indeed still be necessary ringside viewers.

Comment

I think govt’s should allow privatized protocols for consumers in such situations. Means Venues would regulate attendance by approving “cards” or certificates that show if someone has been cleared of coronavirus. So basically fans would just have to pay extra for such services in order to attend events. Means those whom go know they are being within a crowd following protocol at their own risk but have taken safety precautions. Seems fair to me. How much does testing cost?

This seems likes the most obvious and responsible scenario. Attending sporting events isn’t a mandatory rule in life, but we can all be responsible and limit for a better future. Any fan who can travel yet thinks such testing prerequisite is an inconvenience is just full of shet.

Comment

I only watch them on TV anyway. But to not hear the crowd roar in big exciting moments of a big fight won't feel the same. Like when HBO turned out the lights on Merchant and then for boxing. Not the same

Comment

What needs must, as they say.

Obviously it would be weird to start with but during the 3minute rounds you want to block as much as you want out anyway. It's going to be interesting to see how boxers adapt to the environment but I think they will be fine..

It's only before and after that fans should come into effect, during the fight the focus should solely be on that..

On a side note. Some of the boxers in that list can't fight with a crowd..

Comment

Fighters will no doubt see it as a necessary evil, the more they need the money the more willing they'll be to participate.

Comment

I agree with Daniel Jacobs on this.
              Plus. No people crowd = less money for fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                By Dan Rafael - Talk to any boxing promoter, manager or television executive with an involvement in the sport and they will all tell you that when fights do resume they will take place in controlled environments without spectators due to the coronavirus pandemic. While that scenario will mean cards will generate less revenue due to not having any ticket-buying...
                [Click Here To Read More]
                The trippiest thing to see would be a brutal KO in a quiet room.

Comment

So Dans Fat Ass works for boxingscene now? Phuck you Dan you piece of pig lard! I remember you used to hold your chats at ESPN and would only post questions you wanted to answer... that’s a b.itch move and that’s why they got rid of your fat ass... be a man and answer all questions or else don’t answer sh.it at all b.itch

Comment

If we don't get fights behind closed doors, we are not getting ANY fights for a long, long time. They need to do something for the prospects, and journeymen that worked for the small\medium purses. I wonder if guys like Charlo, and Wilder should've taken some of that easy DAZN money while the had the chance? I guess nobody could predict a global pandemic...F*^ck I miss boxing!

Comment

Working...
                    X