Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada Explains Why He'd Down Julio Cesar Martinez

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Juan Francisco Estrada Explains Why He'd Down Julio Cesar Martinez

Eddy Reynoso, the co-trainer and manager for WBC flyweight champion Julio Cesar Martinez, stated a few days ago that his boxer would look to unify titles in his weight class - before moving up in weight to pursue bigger game at super flyweight.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Would be a damn good fight, would love to see it no later than early next year.

Comment

This would be a fantastic match up.

Comment

Martinez might be one of my favorite guys to watch but I think Estrada is just too much for the kid.

Comment

Martinez has fast hands but bricks for feet.... Estrada tees off on him for a stoppage

Comment

I see all the top SFE stopping.Martinez.

Comment

Estrada is too experienced. JC Martinez needs a few more fights before taking him on in my opinion.

But it would be a fun fight.

Comment

Grand-dad Moruti Mthalane vs. Julio Cesar Martinez would be a proper unification. Just recently Moruti headed to Japan to defend his IBF flyweight championship from the former lineal WBC flyweight champ Akira Yaegashi ; the outcome suggest that Mthalane still has enough in the tank to continue fighting at the top level.

Moruti Mthalane is known for taking young flyweights to school, ask current WBO bantamweight champ John Riel Casimero and former world champ Zolani Tete.

The WBA champion, Ukraine's Artem Dalakian should be more inclined to unify considering his age and the lack of names in his resume since becoming champ in 2018 against the former unified flyweight champion, Brian Viloria.

You got other contenders and former world champs at flyweight that will also test Martinez, such as : Angel Acosta and Sho Kimura. So there is a lot at flyweight for Martinez, maybe they ( team Martinez) rather take a L at the higher weight before losing to someone his own size, that seems to be a trend in boxing.
                Last edited by 1hourRun; 04-28-2020, 12:09 PM.

Comment

Even with everything stated, this would be a really fun fight. Martinez' switch hitting style will be a problem for anybody opposing him.

Comment

Estrada rolls through him, too big and too skilled. Martinez is a great and exciting fighter but has little chance against someone as big and cerebral as Estrada. Martinez should go after Tanaka, that will be a barn burner.

Comment

Working...
                    X