Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've heard whispers of Kanat Islam vs Jaime Munguia...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've heard whispers of Kanat Islam vs Jaime Munguia...

It'd decide the next WBO mandatory at 160 after Liam Williams. Of course Munguia thinks he'll get the Canelo fight before then but he's gonna be sorely disappointed there I reckon. How'd you see this one going? Islam looked meh against Kautonwonda but Munguia is very flawed and had to rob Dennis Hogan to remain undefeated. It's a real tossup for me, I'm glad that it'd likely be a fun fight with a lovely KO waiting to come out of it.

Good fight, could see it being a bit of a war. I’ll take Munguia by decision but I think it’s a tough fight for both.

Comment

I'm surprised that I have no idea who Islam is, but I trust GBP with getting munguia the right fights, as they've done to this point.

Comment

Jaime would make Islam self-detonate which isn't anything new anyways

Comment

Originally posted by EDDIE SPERM View Post
          Jaime would make Islam self-detonate which isn't anything new anyways
          Okay I gotta laugh at that one. Kudos.

Comment

Munguia isn't going to fight Andrade

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
              Good fight, could see it being a bit of a war. I’ll take Munguia by decision but I think it’s a tough fight for both.
              Oh it has war written all over it alright. Very tough fight for either man but I think Munguia fills out better at 160 whereas Islam could easily cut to 154 again and challenge there with more success. I'd take Munguia by late TKO kinda job. Islam is very skilled in there and he punches damn hard so you can't underrate him either.

Comment

Originally posted by Justintimothyko View Post
                I'm surprised that I have no idea who Islam is, but I trust GBP with getting munguia the right fights, as they've done to this point.
                Well Kanat Islam is one of GGG's Kazakh pals touted to dominate 154 you until he injured himself over two years ago and derailed his career temporarily. Now he's 35 and needs to get a title shot soon if he wants to fulfil his ambition of being world champ. He's 27-0 21KOs and he's a good puncher with well refined skills. Still he can often take his foot off the gas and just coast in there instead of really having a go which is a nasty habit to have.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                  Munguia isn't going to fight Andrade
                  Considering Andrade is already talking of moving to 168 soon if he doesn't unify, I can see him getting a vacant title shot. Munguia-Williams would be a very good fight too.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
                    Considering Andrade is already talking of moving to 168 soon if he doesn't unify, I can see him getting a vacant title shot. Munguia-Williams would be a very good fight too.
                    Liam Williams takes Munguia's head off

Comment

Working...
                    X