Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Ex-Champ Cancio Thankful He Ignored Advice To Quit His Day Job

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Ex-Champ Cancio Thankful He Ignored Advice To Quit His Day Job

By Keith Idec - Under normal circumstances, Andrew Cancio's completely abnormal, jam-packed Thursday would've begun at four o'clock in the morning and ended about 16 hours later. The former WBA 130-pound champion would've run four or five miles before working an 8-hour shift operating a jackhammer for Southern California Gas Company...
    [Click Here To Read More]

I'm definitely glad and thankful to God that I can still work from home. So many people are worried to death about how they are going to pay April's rent.

There is too much suffering all over the world due to this Chinese virus.

Comment

Cool article....honestly thought Machado was going to run right through him,glad he rose to the occasion in both fights,beautiful body work from him. Guy looked like a completely different fighter in the Alvarado rematch though,kinda seemed like he was just lethargic in there,don't know....
      Glad hes still able to provide for his family,just a blue collar worker making ends meet.Crazy how he went back to work 2 days after that beating...having operated a 90lb jackhammer more than few times in my previous trade,that shiet is back breaking work.

Comment

The best jack hammer guys I've seen were large with some girth and 8.5 hours a day? What's he hammering? Mount Rushmore?

Comment

Great story , sensible man , old school values .. great example to entitled people everywhere .. good luck to him

Comment

Refreshing news article.

Definitely Cancio took the wisest decision and can provide his family during this Pandemic. This man is a good example to the boxing community. With his history, he can make a book, maybe movie, who know. Excellent gentleman who his representing his country with proud.

Comment

Now here is a smart guy. It must have been tempting to quit after making some six figure paydays and being a champion assuming you're going to make some more huge paydays but anything can happen like a ****ing pandemic. Dude made the right choice and good on him for it.

Comment

He may have had to work anyways. Looks like he made $75k for Machado the first time so that's not exactly Mayweather money.

Comment

Great read.

Comment

A. Cancio and Joe Smith Jr. are the only fighters in the top ten ranks who are still working a job. I know guys coming up naturally will still be working some job out of need. Everybody can relate to that story. Good story. Glad he is still working still boxing be interesting to see where his next few fights take him. And he didnt step out of line kept it real kept it simple. Working hard all day will do that for most people.

Comment

Working...
                    X