Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Froch Confident He Would Have Beat Up, Defeated Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry Froch but it could have been an exciting 50-50 fight. No body beat up Golovkin, not even a primed Canelo.

Comment

Golovkin stops him...

Froch was clearly B level, Ward made him look completely ordinary.

Froch CHOSE not to fight GGG for a reason...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
        Former unified super middleweight champion Carl Froch is still very confident that he would beaten Gennady Golovkin - if the two had finalized a deal to fight each other. Froch (33-2, 24 KOs) retired back in 2014, after knocking out George Groves in their anticipated rematch - before a crowd of 80,000 fans at Wembley Stadium in London.
        [Click Here To Read More]

yep, there was a thread on this the other day

Froch was a baaaaad man

Golovkin trying to get Froch down to 166 LMAO

the " Golovkin was willing to fight Froch at 168, but not Ward " story... just went straight out the window

and the " anyone from 154-168 " story... should never be mentioned again either

#toobigtoostrong

Comment

Originally posted by Caxcan View Post
          Damn, so GGG let slide two career defining fights because he wouldn't risk moving up a single division despite being a big puncher and his team's brash talking about facing anyone from 154-168.

three.....

BEFORE shht got real:

October 2014
          Ring TV.com: If you could, for a moment, could you specifically address the notion of fighting Andre Ward and/or Miguel Cotto or Canelo Alvarez?

Gennady Golovkin: I have big respect for Andre Ward. He has accomplished many things in the ring. My focus is to fight at middleweight unless there is a big fight at 154 or 168 that would be on pay-per-view. I think both Canelo and Cotto are warriors in the ring. They both have big hearts and both would be a big event and pay-per-view fights.
          https://www.ring tv.com/362749-gennady-golovkin-puts-miguel-cotto-atop-his-wish-list/

AFTER shht got real:

October 2015
          "Cotto-Canelo takes place at a catch-weight of 155-pounds. Canelo has never fought above 155. Cotto has never fought at the full middleweight limit. He fought Daniel Geale at 157 and Sergio Martinez at 159. Cotto stated in past interviews that all of his future opponents would be subject to a catch-weight.....

"I'm champion of 160, middleweight is my comfortable weight. For what [reason would I do a catch-weight]? For business or for what? I'm a boxer. I'm the champion of the middleweight division," Golovkin said.
          "
          http://www.boxingscene.com/golovkin-...-canelo--97113

when they refused to negotiate on weight, they removed themselves from consideration... Team Golovkin knew they were never going to receive/make an offer...

NOTE: Golovkin was willing to fight Gabe Rosado at 158 catchweight...

... but not Cotto and Canelo

Comment

Prime? The only opponent gennady has had that I can theorize on would be Jacob's. Froch was a better, cleaner, crisper puncher than Jacob's.

Froch would have won by unanimous decision and gennady would have knocked him down once or twice.

Comment

prime Froch was a monster

Froch would bash lil'G

as soon as he figured out that Golovkin is far less effective off the back foot, Golovkin would get the business

never seen anything from Golovkin to suggest that he could beat a world-class super middleweight MONSTER who knew how to win

Golovkin is not Andre Ward

they complained that Danny Jacobs gained a unfair weight advantage when he missed the IBF weigh-in LMAO

it is clear that they were worried about Froch, because the catchweight demand was a show-stopper

#toobigtoostrong

Comment

Well he had his chance and said no....

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
                  Golovkin stops him...

Froch was clearly B level, Ward made him look completely ordinary.

Froch CHOSE not to fight GGG for a reason...
                  Easily! How quickly people forget how he was gifted his win over Dirrell in the Super Series. Dirrell easily won 9-10 rounds in that fight. He wouldn’t even be a name otherwise. He wouldn’t have been in the final of that tournament and been yesterday’s news.

Comment

Froch turned that fight down

Comment

This would have been an awesome fight. Iam not sure who would win could go either way but I know I wish I got to see it .

Comment

Working...
                      X