Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

"The Nordic Nightmare" Helenius vs "2 Fast" Fury: Who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "The Nordic Nightmare" Helenius vs "2 Fast" Fury: Who wins?

What say you?

Helenius by KO/TKO
    11.11%
    Helenius by UD/SD/MD
    0.00%
    Fury by KO/TKO
    70.37%
    Fury by UD/SD/MD
    11.11%
    Draw / too close to call
    7.41%

The Nordic nightmare looks like a game of thrones character lol.

Comment

I meant to click UD actually though I think Fury could KO Robert if he wanted to.

I'm just not sold on the idea that this is a new Fury so much as a gameplan used to defeat Wilder.....I don't think Fury will fight risky again, but I could be wrong, he damn sure can if he likes.

Comment

This is a fight I could see happening after Fury-Wilder III, potentially. Fury could have fun with the promotion, Gypsy versus Viking. Helenius is no match for Fury, but he looks rugged and would put up a good show.

Comment

Nearly 10 years ago I remember someone asked the same question and I backed Helenius comfortably. How times have changed, just watching him 10 years ago he looked so clumsy and uncoordinated - who would have thought he'd dethrone the long reigning champion and become the best of his generation.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post
            Nearly 10 years ago I remember someone asked the same question and I backed Helenius comfortably. How times have changed, just watching him 10 years ago he looked so clumsy and uncoordinated - who would have thought he'd dethrone the long reigning champion and become the best of his generation.
            Exactly... the Helenius who destroyed Lamon Brewster and Samuel Peter was a beast.

I remember a LOT of people on this forum hyped him as the man to take down Wladimir Klitschko. Then he suffered an injury in 2013 and was out for two years. Never really returned to his former glory and has been through some rough battles since then that have taken a toll on him. But he's still a dangerous fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by kiDynamite92 View Post

Wish I could find that thread.

Comment

Helenius vs. Fury poll (2011)

https://www.boxingscene.com/forums/s...d.php?t=504225

Comment

Originally posted by SNlPER View Post
                  Crazy I don't have a post in it lol. Must have missed the thread entirely at the time. Thanks for the link though.

Comment

Originally posted by LoadedWraps View Post

Wish I could find that thread.
                    Even though I'm such a huge fan of Fury, believe it or not there was a time when I hated the guy.

I didn't think he would get far beyond domestic level. You have to admit he looks goofy and clumsy, I mean the guy punched himself in the face. He looked like he had no skills, no power and was beating nobodies because of his size.

I disliked him for not fighting David Price and thought he would have been easily KO'd.

Dismissed his first victory against Chisora as a fluke because Chisora came in overweight.

There was even a point where I was arguing Nikolai Valuev would beat Fury.

It wasn't until he beat Chisora the second time that I thought much of him but did think that was largely due to Chisora being shot.

I thought he was a good boxer but was going to get KO'd by Haye and was glad to see the fight not go ahead cause by this time I started becoming a fan.

When the fight with Klitschko was scheduled I thought he would lead on the cards but get knocked out because he had a weak chin. I remember waking up the day he won the titles cause I didn't bother to watch the fight and read the headlines of him defeating Klitschko and lifting the titles - never again did I doubt the man.

Comment

Working...
                    X