No announcement yet.

Ortiz, Ruiz, Wilder and Kownacki...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Madison boxing View Post
    They could add breazele and Washington and create the pbc loser 6 tournament.
    I would favour Ruiz to win golden prize. He was never stopped.

Comment

PBC nor anyone else hasn't been protecting anyone. These fights always have the potential for unexpected results. That's HW boxing, and boxing overall. Particularly at HW however, styles makes fights ... and small lapses in defense can change everything in short order (something AJ found out). No fighter has been protected anymore than AJ has. This is the sport. Unexpected results can and do happen. This is why we fight the fights!

Ever since Ruiz upset AJ there has been a run of upsets and surprises. This is GREAT! Not something to be furthering weak-ass conspiracy theories with.

Fan girls and their nonsense should be banned Take a seat lass.

Comment

Originally posted by MastaBlasta View Post
        PBC nor anyone else hasn't been protecting anyone. These fights always have the potential for unexpected results. That's HW boxing, and boxing overall. Particularly at HW however, styles makes fights ... and small lapses in defense can change everything in short order (something AJ found out). No fighter has been protected anymore than AJ has. This is the sport. Unexpected results can and do happen. This is why we fight the fights!

Ever since Ruiz upset AJ there has been a run of upsets and surprises. This is GREAT! Not something to be furthering weak-ass conspiracy theories with.

Riiiiiight so Wilder fighting bums for 95% of his career, isn't him being protected? And AJ offering career high paydays to almost the entire top ten, is somehow him being protected? You are right about one thing, fan girls (like yourself) should sit down and shut up

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
          Yeah, they have gotten away from the point of boxing which was to see who is better. Now it’s all about angling to get a title shot and to keep your undefeated record. Guys are scared to fight the best out there and they keep making excuses as to why they can’t fight the other guy. It’s shameful. As fans, we don’t care if a guy has 3 or 4 losses, especially if he got those loses by fighting good competition. We all win when they do that; the boxers and the fans because we get to find out who is actually the best, not who says they are.
          Well said.

Comment

[QUOTE=MastaBlasta] Originally Posted by MastaBlasta View Post

Riiiiiight so Wilder fighting bums for 95% of his career, isn't him being protected? And AJ offering career high paydays to almost the entire top ten, is somehow him being protected? You are right about one thing, fan girls (like yourself) should sit down and shut up
            You misread what I am saying. I didn't say AJ has been protected, I said no fighter was protected, any more than AJ has been protected (he hasn't been).

Maybe the phrase should have been "like AJ, these guys haven't been protected"

I understand the confusion with the wording.

My point is, at HW those are large usually powerful men. Punches are dangerous most of the time. Getting in the ring with any large man kind of rules out the "protected" idea. Taking fire from men that large rules out "protection" by a promoter or advisor. Those punches are damaging, even when it looks like they aren't.

So, no, there are no "protected" fighters at HW. Also. there really are no "bums" fighting at HW either. Anyone that believes there are some bums should get in the ring with the fighter they think is MOST the bum, and trade some punches. Your terminology would get corrected in short order.

I like Wilder as a fighter, but I agree he got his butt handed to him. It's never a good thing to over-talk your own hype ... and start believing that you don't have to prepare to outwork, outsmart, and outdefend another fighter. Talk and hype won't get it done against the best. Wilder got a tough, valuable lesson. I think he can do better than he showed, but Fury is a big, strong, motivated fighter .... and the added Kronk "Gangsta" in his attitude makes him very dangerous and difficult. Wilder at his best may not be able to beat him .... but he should show up prepared, fit, and at his best to find out. For whatever reasons he was not in the II fight. We'll see in the III fight.

That said, Wilder has battled many and done well. He's far from a bum. No professional HW fighter is a bum, let alone a former champ.
            Last edited by MastaBlasta; 03-10-2020, 10:01 PM.

Comment

so you are going to pretend Joshua didnt just get dropped 4 times by a late replacement?

Comment

I said Ruiz's win was a fluke and that he would loose the rematch, which he did.

Comment

Ruiz is ok, but after the AJ win, guys went nuts about him saying that he was a monster who was almost unbeatable hahah. It was ridiculous. They are doing the same thing with Fury now saying that he would beat any heavyweight in history. But completely forgetting that Wallin almost beat him on cuts in a fight that Fury looked terrible in. Fury has also never defended a belt in his life. Ruiz now has the opportunity to get into bigger fights but I can guarantee you that he will fight Arreola or a guy on that level, which is crap. He will come in fat again and squander any change he had to be a real contender
                  So you're a Joshua/Eddie Hearn guy ?

Comment

Ortiz
                    Ruiz
                    Wilder
                    Kownacki
                    Breazele
                    Helenious
                    Washington
                    Szpilka

Should all fight eachother in a pbc tournament.

Wilder as the top ranked
                    Ruiz #2
                    Ortiz #3
                    Brezeale #4
                    Helenious #5
                    Kownacki #6
                    Washington #7
                    Szpilka

1v4
                    2v3

5v8
                    6v7
                    Winners advance, Losers are out
                    Last edited by El_Mero; 03-10-2020, 10:59 PM.

Comment

You are just proving my point. AJ is not undefeated, but at least he is trying to fight the best guys out there. He has either fought or offered fights to most of the guys in the top 10 right now. Wilder has turned down most dights from the top 10. Same with Fury. Also I still find it funny that when someone calls out Wilder for ducking, you idiots bring up AJ when it was AJ and Hearn offering 120 million and unification. I can guarantee you that Kownacki and Wilder are both kicking themselves right now for now taking that money hahaha
                      How can you honestly say AJ is fighting the best. His recent opposition Ruiz ( Originally Miller) , Takam , Parker , Pulev, Povetkin , aren’t exactly backing up that statement. But I forgot Hearn made offers so it’s almost like AJ fought the best

Comment

Working...
                      X