No announcement yet.

Ortiz, Ruiz, Wilder and Kownacki...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    Tyistall's point was that a lot of these PBC fighters are being protected. And you tried to change the subject to Joshua for some reason.
    My mistake. I thought this was about being undefeated. I don't put too much effort into reading much of the anti-PBC or anti-any network posts.

Comment

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
      Tyistall's point was that a lot of these PBC fighters are being protected. And you tried to change the subject to Joshua for some reason.
      It's what these guys do. They are like Trump fans. If you bring up the bad stuff about Trump, they will only answer with saying stuff about Obama hahaa. While completely ignoring what you said about Trump.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
        Ruiz is ok, but after the AJ win, guys went nuts about him saying that he was a monster who was almost unbeatable hahah. It was ridiculous. They are doing the same thing with Fury now saying that he would beat any heavyweight in history. But completely forgetting that Wallin almost beat him on cuts in a fight that Fury looked terrible in. Fury has also never defended a belt in his life. Ruiz now has the opportunity to get into bigger fights but I can guarantee you that he will fight Arreola or a guy on that level, which is crap. He will come in fat again and squander any change he had to be a real contender
        Ruiz will always be a solid contender, can’t say the same for the others. Ruiz earned a soft touch , guys like Kownacki and Ortiz deserves to lose ,they are a waste . Wilder is a good fighter but he’s fragile .

Comment

This is why you have to make the fights instead of claiming victory without fighting. You never know what is going to happen. In heavyweight boxing, one punch can change the fight so to sit back and say "one guy will beat the other guy easy" is foolish because you just never know. The PBC has protected these guys for years now and now they are running out of cherry picks to feed them, and they are all getting exposed, one by one. Ortiz went from the boogeyman, to the old man who never really beat anyone, which he is. Ruiz went from a guy that all of you said would smash AJ in the rematch, to a guy that is now worse than Buster Douglass haha. Kownacki has been shown up and Wilder went from the "hardest puncher in history" to a joker who claims his costume was too heavy hahaha. When you have guys fighting cherry picks, they look amazing. But when they step up, we can finally see what they are made of. And now we see that these PBC jokes are mostly either trash or just not that good.
          Cherry picks and sure things are great for producing false narratives of greatness but when it's time to be really tested it becomes clear these fighters have learnt very little and are still quite green and then they get exposed.

You can get away with fighting soft touches and creating false narratives alsong as you keep doing that and don't risk them in against anybody good.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
            My mistake. I thought this was about being undefeated. I don't put too much effort into reading much of the anti-PBC or anti-any network posts.
            This is about being undefeated because you have been protected. The PBC protects its guys and then pumps them up like they are amazing at the same time. I watch all the fights on DAZN, ESPN, live streams, YouTube, the PBC, whatever. But it seems like I have to watch 30 fights to get to one decent fight because either the managers or the boxers themselves don't want to fight good competition. They strung us along with overmatched fights and then charge 80 bucks for a fight with no under card to speak of. That's crap. And boxing fans should have called them on this long ago.

Comment

Originally posted by Stuart Chandler View Post
              Ruiz will always be a solid contender, can’t say the same for the others. Ruiz earned a soft touch , guys like Kownacki and Ortiz deserves to lose ,they are a waste . Wilder is a good fighter but he’s fragile .
              Ruiz is his own worst enemy. At this point, he will never realize his full potential. If he can't get up for a rematch that would set him up for life, with most of the belts, then how is he going to be motivated to fight the next couple of soft touches while sitting in his Lambo and big house? He won't, and I think boxing fans need to see him for what he is, not what he "could be". Just my opinion

Comment

This is about being undefeated because you have been protected. The PBC protects its guys and then pumps them up like they are amazing at the same time. I watch all the fights on DAZN, ESPN, live streams, YouTube, the PBC, whatever. But it seems like I have to watch 30 fights to get to one decent fight because either the managers or the boxers themselves don't want to fight good competition. They strung us along with overmatched fights and then charge 80 bucks for a fight with no under card to speak of. That's crap. And boxing fans should have called them on this long ago.
                Ortiz wasn't really with the PBC until a few fights before the Wilder fight

Comment

No you can't
                  If your boss at your job offered you 20 times what you make now, and you turned him down, only to end up getting a fraction of that, wouldn't YOU be a little miffed at the opportunity later? Kownacki is going to have to climb all the way back to get to being this close to a title shot. If Wilder gets beat again this summer, he won't be in contention for at least another year and he may even lose during that time. And don't forget that Wilder is 35.
                  Last edited by Tyistall; 03-08-2020, 11:08 AM.

Comment

Ortiz wasn't really with the PBC until a few fights before the Wilder fight
                    And your point is? Beside moot that is...

Comment

And your point is? Beside moot that is...
                      I wouldn't be able to make a rational point with the anti-something types. No point, I suppose.....

Comment

Working...
                      X