Wilder parts ways with Mark Breland...This is horrible

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
    Wilder was being badly broken down.

Breland's action saved his long-term health and probably a $20m purse for the third fight.

He should be grateful.
    That's not how a fighter thinks and if he did go on to knock out Fury, there would be a 3rd fight anyways. You saw what happened in the later rounds of fight 1. That said, i don't think he was going to come back but I would have liked the towel at least when he was in direct danger. He simply wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
      That's not how a fighter thinks and if he did go on to knock out Fury, there would be a 3rd fight anyways. You saw what happened in the later rounds of fight 1. That said, i don't think he was going to come back but I would have liked the towel at least when he was in direct danger. He simply wasn't.
      You didnt watch the fight. thats clear. you saw a highlight reel at best. He was done. His legs were gone and he had NO steam on his punch. Clearly. His eyes were closed in the corner. And clearly was a beaten fighter. Bayless told him. Show me something this round or im gonna stop it. And he was up on the ropes hands up not throwing and taking shots. His corner stopped it before Bayless.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Goat View Post
        Ref did a good job because Wilder was literally stumbling around the ring the entire time prior to getting pinned in the corner.

Fury threw a 1-2 that snapped Wilders head clear back and got the crowd going nuts. Wilder literally couldnt even defend himself anymore because he got hit with a few more quick shots before the ref stopped it.

What was wilder going to do in that situation?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
          I almost called 911 after the 5th.
          ooooooh.

Comment

I didn't see it from a reliable source. Mark Breland did the right thing. He's a boxer, Wilder is his friend. If he did it so that Wilder could fight another day? I'm OK with that.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
              Hopefully he dropped Breland for the right reasons, the fact that Wilder did not develop as a fighter. He made it far with what he had but there much missing from his skillset to be at the level he was. I have to wonder if the needed change is coming too late though.
              It probably is too late.He fell in love with his power,and didnt feel like he needed to learn the craft.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                You didnt watch the fight. thats clear. you saw a highlight reel at best. He was done. His legs were gone and he had NO steam on his punch. Clearly. His eyes were closed in the corner. And clearly was a beaten fighter. Bayless told him. Show me something this round or im gonna stop it. And he was up on the ropes hands up not throwing and taking shots. His corner stopped it before Bayless.
                I watched it but I don't agree with stopping a fight when a fighter is still defending himself. I have a fighters mentality and maybe that's the difference. Wilder really had not taken all that many punches.

Comment

Originally posted by R-Hand Southpaw View Post
                  Ref did a good job because Wilder was literally stumbling around the ring the entire time prior to getting pinned in the corner.

Fury threw a 1-2 that snapped Wilders head clear back and got the crowd going nuts. Wilder literally couldnt even defend himself anymore because he got hit with a few more quick shots before the ref stopped it.

What was wilder going to do in that situation?
                  FYI - Wilder's corner stopped the fight, not the ref.

Comment

Wilder isn't in the best space right now. He got emasculated in front of his wife, kids and the world. He was made to look like a low skilled mediocre fighter-which he is. He also ramped up the racial aspect of this fight, which means the devastating ass whopping he got added to the humiliation. He is blaming everything and everyone instead of looking at himself in the mirror and being brutally honest with himself.

I get that Wilder wanted to go out on his shield, but he was closer to going out in a bodybag or on a gurney than on his shield.

Hopefully he takes a step back and reassesses. He is just too emotional and in his feelings after losing.

Comment

I don't mind that he left Breland. I don't think he ever improved and Mark had him fighting like Mark would.

Too late in the game to make big changes because Wilder really never had a set of skills to go to a plan B.

Comment

Working...
                      X