Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Tyson Fury Drops Deontay Wilder Twice, Stops Him in Seven

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wilder got hit with a reality check tonight, just like AJ did in June. I hope this loss humbles Wilder a bit and that it allows him to grow.

Let's see Wilder vs. Kownacki.

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
    ... Fury, Sugar Hill (plus Andy Lee) promised something like that and they kept their word...
    I neglected to watch most of the pre-fight interviews, so I was not prepared for this. Like elite fighters do, Fury adjusted his style/strategy to neutralize his opponent's strengths. He made it look so easy partially because Wilder doesn't have many strengths to begin with.
    Last edited by kiaba360; 02-23-2020, 03:02 AM.

Comment

• It's kind of funny...but before the start of the 7th I looked at Wilder and thought his corner was going to stop it before he got off the stool and was surprised when they didn't mention anything to him about doing so. Instead they tried to give him advice when he looked like he was done. But I guess they knew they were going to stop it unless he somehow could get in the fight that round...which obviously didn't happen.Wilder looked scared at the size of Fury and back-up the whole fight. He can cash in on a rematch I guess but Fury has his number. I think he'll grab the money...lose and retire.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
        Wilder is obviously going to be devastated suffering his first defeat like any other fighter. But nothing he said after the fight shows if he has lost any confidence or not. We will just have to see.

But again, develop what exactly? What is he going to develop at this point of his career at the age of 34? His road to victory IS the right hand and whether he can land it flush or not. Maybe he can try to jab more as he had some success today but he's not developing much more in his skill set. He is what he is.
        Even if he’s not gonna say it, we dont have to be a psychiatrist to guess that everything that happened will mentally affect him.. Esp of how it happened. His ego will bleed. And knowing his right hand ain’t enough anymore will be a harder pill to swallow. The bully got bullied, and that **** usually fk your system, let alone the physical damages he took.

Im saying he can fight fury again when he’s ready, and going direct to it under these circumstances is a no no, and a career ender..

It wasn’t a close fight and it was an ass whooping 7 rounds, if that is not the case then im all in for an immediate trilogy. But it is.

Comment

• Outboxed and exposed ... but what do you except, wilder is not a technical boxer, he was getting lesson from Lewis in the parking lot while he was already a pro. Congrats to Fury, no reason for third fight, the level of boxing skills is miles from each other.. Fury vs Joshua lets go!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
            Whats the point of following this dreadful division anymore? Dark days are ahead, now I got to hear about Phooey vs. A.J nonstop for the next two years.
            Lucky fo ryou 'cos people will stop talking about how Mickey Garcia ducked Lomachenko for a payday against Spence.

Comment

• Wilder won’t take another rematch with Fury. Fury came in with the right game plan, right weight, right motivation, right team & right promotion. This explains how he got up from 2018 knockdown. He doesn’t know how to lose. He taught Wilder how to lose

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
                The HW division just took a massive L. Gypsy-Bum, I hope you retire and go back to the UK, this is absolutely devastating for boxing.
                The only thing that took a massive L and has been devastated are the African American hype jobs that you love. You've talked so much rubbish here about Deontay Wilder :wank:, it's time to admit that your glorification of the man was misplaced. Tyson Fury has beaten him twice now.

Comment

• Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
                  Wilder looked shocked after the first round once he took some jabs and a hard shot off Fury.

I think he realised he wasn’t in with the half fit Fury from the first fight. I think he never anticipated what was coming and didn’t believe Fury, which is a really bad way to approach a fight. Wilder was mentally done by round 1 when he realised it was different this time.

Fair play to Wilder though, there was no quit in him. He would’ve kept trying, even though he was done.

It’s about time people realise Fury is that good. He dethroned Wlad, then just give Wilder a shellacking in Vegas. You don’t have to like him, he can also be inconsistent and not great to watch but when it’s time to really turn up, he’s a hell of a fighter.
                  All true - so how good is Otto Wallin? Was he fighting a bad version of Fury?

Comment

• Originally posted by Winky-Wright View Post
                    LOL I thought you would be hiding under Wilders hospital gown licking his sweaty nut sack not crying into your PBC pillow at home.

Don’t worry I’m sure Fury ate some wild boar meat to pull off a performance like that.

Comment

• Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                      So when does he learn how to box? If they delay the trilogy until end of 2021, how much better does he get?
                      It’s not gonna happen . His whole career was reliant on his bomb right hand . As soon as fury got in close wilders bomb was void

Can’t see a third fight being any different but I’m down to watch it

Comment

Working...
                      X