No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Weights: Deontay Wilder 231-Pounds, Tyson Fury 273-Pounds

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    He’s also said he felt very underweight and skinny against Wlad, because Fury had flu in the build up to the fight and said he lost a lot of weight and didn’t wanna just try to pile it back on

It’s nothing new for Fury to say he feels good around 270. He’s said it even when he weighed less, so it’s not like he’s just saying it at the time he is that weight.

There should be no excuses. Fury says he feels great at that weight so if he doesn’t win, nobody should use it as an excuse.
    For his career, Fury's fight weight averages to 254 lbs. Many of his fights he weighed under 250, most of his fights he weighed under 255, and almost all his fights except for about 3 or 4, were fought at a weight below 260 lbs. 270 lbs is because Fury thinks it'll help absorb Wilders punch, and he Hope's he can bully Wilder with the extra weight. Saying it's his most comfortable weight is because he doesnt have to diet or work to cut weight, and the rest is hyperbole.

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
      he did have 2 tune up fights before the wilder fight. Sugar Ray Leonard was out 3 yrs and not one tune up fight , fought and beat Marvin Hagler .
      Come on man lol those tune ups were an absolute joke they did nothing bro prepare him for Wilder and he was still fat as hell for both fights. He lost most of the weight training for the Wilder fight

You're correct about Leonard but he wasnt abusing his body with drugs and alcohol, nearly 400lbs, suicidal and wacked out his mind.

I get what you're saying but no it's just not the same circumstances. Fury is just an odd ball

Comment

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
        Yes, chugging a lot of water will temporarily make you gain weight, especially if you cut a ton of water weight. However, Fury weighed 270 for the majority of his training camp, its impossible for that to be water weight.
        Yeah I'm not aware of what Fury weighed all camp and I'm not saying his higher than usual weight is all from constant chugging. But after seeing him at the weigh-in it's hard to tell where exactly he put the weight on. He looks pretty good actually (no hom-o) I expected him to look fat in the gut and a tad sloppier. His arms look more toned & that's about the only difference I really saw in him. 270 on a 6'9" man looks at lot different than 270 on say , Andy Ruiz

Comment

Originally posted by KnickTillDeaTh View Post
          Fury weighed 270lbs through out his training camp, it's not water weight. I cant believe this is the third time I've read this water weight statement.
          In the hour before the weigh in Fury drank at least a gallon of water. That’s 8.3 pounds. His “real” weight was no more than 265.

Comment

Originally posted by scottsol View Post
            In the hour before the weigh in Fury drank at least a gallon of water. That’s 8.3 pounds. His “real” weight was no more than 265.
            I bet he was busting for a pee

Comment

Originally posted by Patsfan bri View Post
              I’m just saying fury said it himself he was gassed and he wasn’t just referring to rd12.
              He didn't say he was gassed. He said he didn't trust himself (body) to finish the job, after such a long lay off doing coke and stuff. In other words, he didn't know what his body could do or not do.

Comment

less concerned about the extra weight gassing Tyson out than I am about the extra weight making him just that 1% slower when moving his head... some of the huge right hands barely missed him last fight.

Comment

I just hope Fury is not fooling anyone by feigning the eye cut thing and weight. I just know that the guy has a lot hidden that we are yet to know. This is a very good fight and none should give any excuse in defeat.

Comment

Last time wilder was near that weight was against Eric molina and he looked sluggish and slow in there.

Comment

Originally posted by Gideon lock View Post
                      Last time wilder was near that weight was against Eric molina and he looked sluggish and slow in there.
                      Knowing this I can’t understand why he would weight in so heavy on his biggest fight ever. Why not come in at 225. Doesn’t make any sense to me

Comment

Working...
                      X