Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who will be talked about more in 100 years? Floyd Mayweather Jr or Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
    Currently 3 threads about Floyd on the first page. None about Pac.

Let that sink in.
    Well, if Pacquiao family members were running around poking sheit up catching charges, maybe he'll have more threads too

Comment

Well, I'm.pretty sure mayweather vs McGregor was an even bigger deal than mayweather vs Pac....that speaks volumes, in and of itself

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
        yet he still defeated the best black fighters of his era.....whats your point joe jeanette 7 times, denver ed martin, sam mcvey 3 times and sam langforde before holding the title

whatever point you are trying to make to belittle his accomplishments and skills isnt a being made....he was a great fighter...simple as that dont matter what he is famous for.....Ali is more famous for his personality outside of the ring, and avoiding military service to some doesnt change he was a great fighter
        He never gave other black fighters a title shot. I didn't say he didn't fight them. I said while he was champion he didn't. There's also the main black rival he didn't fight, Harry Wills. Just going to conveniently forget him? He was the most worthy of a title of anyone at the time.

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
          both of them will be talked about equally.... except the bad will be for floyd and the good will be for manny.
          Bull****! People remember winners, Manny's got too many losses.That being said Floyd might come back and **** it up for himself.

Comment

Probably Mayweather but not for good reasons.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
              He never gave other black fighters a title shot. I didn't say he didn't fight them. I said while he was champion he didn't. There's also the main black rival he didn't fight, Harry Wills. Just going to conveniently forget him? He was the most worthy of a title of anyone at the time.
              harry wills was not a top heavyweight until johnson was well past his prime....he turned pro 1911-1932

johnson was ten years older than wills

just as wills was fighting mcvey, joe jeanette they were past their best as well, they had no choice but to fight each other so much because of the era they were in

Comment

Which ever one is American. Let’s be honestly. America only cares about Americans. When boxing dies off in America which is probably 60 years than it will be manny. But if Vegas continues to be the center point for boxing Floyd will always Trump manny. Most kids in America don’t follow boxing. So I know damn well they will not be doing it 100 years from now. Then all the memories of the two will be YouTube and google. It’s kinda hard to put somebody head of somebody they lost too. Popularity right now probably Manny. Memories Floyd right now.

Comment

Originally posted by GGG Gloveking View Post
                  Well, if Pacquiao family members were running around poking sheit up catching charges, maybe he'll have more threads too
                  None of the 3 threads are about his daughter. Thanks for playing.

Comment

Originally posted by BoloShot View Post
                    This is the most casual of the boxing forums. Most don't give a **** about Mayweather and never mention him while talking about Pac a lot more as he's currently relevant.
                    The guy sold the most PPVs ever. He will be relevant for a long long time. There is no way around it.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxingraya View Post
                      The guy sold the most PPVs ever. He will be relevant for a long long time. There is no way around it.
                      They'll both be talked about like we all remember the Fab 4. That's my take.

Comment

Working...
                      X