Collapse
No announcement yet.

GBP doesn’t offer enough for Canelo opponents

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smith is the champion and Canelo isn’t. He deserves the same pay Jacobs got.

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
    Jacobs was for Unification.

Jacobs made 15 million give or take right? So if GBP says 4 times the amount Smith was already making with the Jacobs standard, Smith is making 3-4 million a fight?

3x3 = 9 million?
    3x4 = 12 million?
    4x3 = 12 million?
    4x4 = 16 million?

In any of those cases. How much is Smith earning per fight?

Comment

Then if I was Callum Smith, I would wonder why I’m fighting on DAZN and not getting $12 million for a Canelo fight.

Originally posted by icha View Post
      jacobs had his own mutlifight contract with dazn, gbp did not pay charlo 12 mil, they paid him like 2.5m and dazn paid the rest...
      ggg will get a similar deal if he fights canelo due to his multi fight deal with dazn... those other guys are not even with dazn or if they are they have different contracts..

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
        I don’t. It just doesn’t matter. When a titleist gets $12 million to fight Canelo, no one is accepting a paycheck that’s 1/3 or 1/2 of that number. It’s common sense.
        You didn't answer my questions.
        Where will the money come from?
        Are you willing to pay $30 - $50 for monthly subscription?

I had a thread titled:

Is DAZN destroying boxing?

At the rate it's going this sport will produce less and less fights as years go by.

Comment

How much does Smith earn a fight? Jacobs has the MSG/GGG gate under his belt. Assume this fight was negotiated for the USA, what drawling power and gate has Smith done in the USA? GBP and Matchroom USA have to match ticket prices and revenue from Smith and Jacobs.

This isn’t rocket science. Jacobs has always more than Smith. If you say Smith has been earning nice pays because of the WBSS, then what are his purses. Multiply that by 3-4 per GBP.

Comment

The fact that numerous guys have refused career high paydays for a shot at Canelo is a testament to how big of a threat these guys perceive him as and how entitled they've become. If anything his generosity has contributed to their entitled attitudes. In order to get the Cotto fight done, Canelo gave him the A side split despite being the lesser draw. Later when Canelo-GGG II was being negotiated, GGG had refused a massive payday and his team actually used Canelo-Cotto as a justification for their inflated demands. In the end Canelo backed up the brinks truck to get GGG back in the ring with him, and now all these guys are sitting on their belts waiting for massive cash outs.

Comment

I wouldn’t pay $50 a month.

But that’s not Callum Smith’s problem. He just wants to be compensated fairly.

Originally posted by genrick View Post
              You didn't answer my questions.
              Where will the money come from?
              Are you willing to pay $30 - $50 for monthly subscription?

I had a thread titled:

Is DAZN destroying boxing?

At the rate it's going this sport will produce less and less fights as years go by.

Comment

It doesn’t matter what he earns. He could get $30k a fight and it wouldn’t matter.

He’s an undefeated champion and one of nine acceptable opponents for Alvarez.

That means he deserves a ridiculous amount of money to fight Canelo.

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
                How much does Smith earn a fight? Jacobs has the MSG/GGG gate under his belt. Assume this fight was negotiated for the USA, what drawling power and gate has Smith done in the USA? GBP and Matchroom USA have to match ticket prices and revenue from Smith and Jacobs.

This isn’t rocket science. Jacobs has always more than Smith. If you say Smith has been earning nice pays because of the WBSS, then what are his purses. Multiply that by 3-4 per GBP.

Comment

It’s a testament to how cheap GBP is.

If every Canelo event is the biggest boxing match of the year, the opponent needs to get paid like they’re the other half of the biggest boxing match of the year.

They’re not bending to GBP’s will and good for them. They’ll eventually get the money they deserve anyway. The fights only get bigger the longer the wait is.

Originally posted by Caxcan View Post
                  The fact that numerous guys have refused career high paydays for a shot at Canelo is a testament to how big of a threat these guys perceive him as and how entitled they've become. If anything his generosity has contributed to their entitled attitudes. In order to get the Cotto fight done, Canelo gave him the A side split despite being the lesser draw. Later when Canelo-GGG II was being negotiated, GGG had refused a massive payday and his team actually used Canelo-Cotto as a justification for their inflated demands. In the end Canelo backed up the brinks truck to get GGG back in the ring with him, and now all these guys are sitting on their belts waiting for massive cash outs.

Comment

If the fight is happening in the US then he really doesn't deserve the same pay as Jacobs... Smith doesn't have any drawing power there. Guys like Jacobs and Kovalev have headlined fights in the US on multiple occasions.... Casuals in the UK barely know Smith so I doubt anyone in the US knows or gives a damn about him. That's just how it works man.

I'm more inclined to believe that there were other contractual stipulations that led Smith to turn the fight down cause he'd be a fool to price himself out of this opportunity.

Comment

It’s a testament to how cheap GBP is.

If every Canelo event is the biggest boxing match of the year, the opponent needs to get paid like they’re the other half of the biggest boxing match of the year.

They’re not bending to GBP’s will and good for them. They’ll eventually get the money they deserve anyway. The fights only get bigger the longer the wait is.
                      It would have been a major event because of Canelo. Smith both turned down a career high payday along with a shot at stardom an opportunity like that can bring.

Comment

Working...
                      X