Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NSB PICK EM 2020 #11 AND #12 (14th AND 15th FEBRUARY)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NC Uppercut View Post
    So I am done trying to win on one of these damn underdogs. If I don’t then I’ll fall off the leaderboard completely. It was nice to try; learned my lesson the hard way, now time to do it correctly.
    If this wasn't the case, man, there would be a lot of guys getting very rich off the bookies.

The way it's weighted we offer far worse returns than the bookies do and the bookies ain't in the business of giving money away... only way the underdog picks make any sense is if you really got a strong hunch or you got some reason to think the bookies have got it badly wrong (Smith vs Hart was one of those for me, but in the end I didn't have the confidence to follow through with it).

There could be a case for increasing the underdog multipliers but I know some players ain't so much into the gamesmanship of it and the whole risk vs reward bit that goes alongside playing the odds so I've been averse to making 'em high enough to seriously effect play balance. Maybe it's something we can look at again in 2021 though.

Comment

You know, im not going to mention no names cuz im not 100% sure but im starting to see a trend from an individual in the top 5...

Stop fkin copying me prick and this is your one and only warning. You know who you are.

Comment

Muthafuk, what a coincidence ey. This prick keeps submitting picks after me all the time and those picks happens to look exactly like mine like 2 weeks consecutively.

Im telling you right now, im staying quiet cuz im not 100% but if this trend continues, imma get on your punkass.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
          Muthafuk, what a coincidence ey. This prick keeps submitting picks after me all the time and those picks happens to look exactly like mine like 2 weeks consecutively.

Im telling you right now, im staying quiet cuz im not 100% but if this trend continues, imma get on your punkass.
          If that’s the case then don’t put your picks in until right before the fight. We try damn hard to log or time stamp the starts of fights. Just don’t forget to put em in, and I know sometimes it’s hard to do because you might be somewhere doing something.
          If it’s like that we'll catch it too. It just might take more than 2 weeks. I believe you can shake em though

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
            If this wasn't the case, man, there would be a lot of guys getting very rich off the bookies.

The way it's weighted we offer far worse returns than the bookies do and the bookies ain't in the business of giving money away... only way the underdog picks make any sense is if you really got a strong hunch or you got some reason to think the bookies have got it badly wrong (Smith vs Hart was one of those for me, but in the end I didn't have the confidence to follow through with it).

There could be a case for increasing the underdog multipliers but I know some players ain't so much into the gamesmanship of it and the whole risk vs reward bit that goes alongside playing the odds so I've been averse to making 'em high enough to seriously effect play balance. Maybe it's something we can look at again in 2021 though.
            I’ve been hoping brother. I really did think Tug could pull of the GRJ upset. Took Hart bc I went with my heart...ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
              Mammoth, Garcia, KO, Mid
              Mammoth, Plant, KO, Mid
              Changed my Plant prediction

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                Kushking Garcia ko late x2
                Plant Dec wide
                I too wanna change my pick to Plant, Ko ,mid x2 (not sure if I can use two multipliers in one week)
                Last edited by kushking; 02-15-2020, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kushking View Post
                  I too wanna change my pick to Plant, Ko ,mid x2 (not sure if I can use two multipliers in one week)
                  Im torn on whether it'll be a quick ko(I think it will but can't pull trigger on early ko because Plant jabs non-stop early)

Comment

Plant vs Feigenbutz fight is now underway.
                    In by now or it doesn’t count.
                    Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                      Teeny bit late on the Garcia pick there, Redd...
                      Damn, that's about as much attention as I've been paying to the fights. I'll probably bow out of the pickem this year because I'm not really watching much boxing lately. I'm really let down with the state the sport is in, where meaningful fights just aren't happening and it's 95% mismatches. And, the forum just hasn't been fun like it used to be. Even when I watch the fights I don't want to chat about them with the trolls on here.

Absence makes the heart grow fonder so I think a little time away will make me miss it again.

Comment

Working...
                      X