Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fury isn't looking as fat as we thought?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We'll see what's up at the weigh-in.

My predictions:

Wilder 222

Fury 258

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky12 View Post
      Valid point but I still feel Fury has turned a corner.

Its like in the Ruiz/Joshua rematch Steve Bunce the ex fighter and turned BBC boxing pundit claimed in pre fight camps that he had seen Ruiz up close and he was in better condition than the first fight. Admittedly must of seen him with a top on.

Hence I got taken in by this as well and trusted Bunces view which was clearly wrong. Admittedly he apologised in a later podcast saying he got it wrong .Like you said you cant trust no one
      Right. It’s also hard to know what cardio vascular condition a guy is in regardless of their appearance. I’ve been peeled and prolly couldn’t run around the block twice. But we can kind of measure people against their own precedent. If a guy shows up heavier and also says he’s in the best condition of his life that’s a bit weird. We have to assume they’ve been burning the most calories ever to get into that cardio shape, but then would have to be eating sooo much surplus calories to still come in heavy. That would take a drastic change in diet during camp if it was on purpose, assuming someone came into camp at the same weight they usually do. People also said AJ looks sick, must be off the PEDS, posted pics. He was only 10lbs lighter, and that’s barely anything for a man his size. There’s so much ability to enhance/filter/color a photo now in the digital world. Everyone looks like Mr. Olympia on their Instagram and then on stage standing next to others under the same conditions they get blown away. I’ll just have to see the weigh in to see if I find issues with either guy. I like that Wilders team doesn’t stress about weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
        We'll see what's up at the weigh-in.

My predictions:

Wilder 222

Fury 258
        Wilder won’t win anything below 225 . People are really not paying attention to the weights of each,Fury is more dangerous of a puncher above 255 this is proven ,Wilder is less threatening if he goes against the actual matchup of Fury weighing above that and if he’s 265 or above Wilder is in trouble .

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          Who’s the girl ?
          Is she that girl Fury gives interviews to
          He's always in bed or laying down when he gives her an interview
          Michelle Joy Phelps. Her YT boxing channel's called Behind the Gloves.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
            you jack off 7 times a day and see how fit you are . :wank:

Comment

Originally posted by Real King Kong View Post
              A south paw jacker lol

Comment

Originally posted by HandsofIron View Post
                Michelle Joy Phelps. Her YT boxing channel's called Behind the Gloves.
                Thanks brother

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                  Exactly. U can’t trust pictures in a modern digital world. It’s too bad “The Tale of the Tape” isn’t still around, though I doubt it was ever legitimate, Id need to see it with my own eyes. With so much betting money at stake ud think we’d get to see fighters reach and height measured on camera. I mean how many varying heights have u heard commentators claim Mike Tyson was? They let Andy Ruiz wear a jersey and a Sombrero to his last weigh in to hide his weight. What a joke. Fighters listed heights often don’t seem to mesh when u see them stand face to face to their opponents. Canelo listed at 5’9” in his last fight?! Top fighters not willing to get on the scale on fight night, despite constantly talking about “too small” or “too big”. I think any fighter saying they are coming in “Heavy” on purpose is just stating an old boxing joke. Nobody ever takes a body fat test to prove it. We deserve more, these guys should be poked and prodded.
                  Fully agree with everything you said. Us boxing fans can't trust the stats that these fighters are listed at because the stats always vary from fight to fight. They never seemed to know how tall Evander Holyfield was...Sometimes he was listed at 6' 1" and sometimes he was 6' 2.5". There's been countless other fighters that have their physical stats vary also. They should standardize their measurements so that they're all being measured without shoes and their reach should be measured so that there is no discrepancy or only very minor discrepancy from fight to fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Damn Wicked View Post
                    Fully agree with everything you said. Us boxing fans can't trust the stats that these fighters are listed at because the stats always vary from fight to fight. They never seemed to know how tall Evander Holyfield was...Sometimes he was listed at 6' 1" and sometimes he was 6' 2.5". There's been countless other fighters that have their physical stats vary also. They should standardize their measurements so that they're all being measured without shoes and their reach should be measured so that there is no discrepancy or only very minor discrepancy from fight to fight.
                    So appreciative to hear that I’m not the only fan who finds it strange that we can’t get accurate/live measurements on multi million dollar fights. I’ve heard commentators claim Tyson’s actual height is all over the place. Sum say the books exaggerate his height. I heard merchant say he saw Tyson measure 5’11.5” with his own eyes.
                    With so much money being bet on these fights why can’t we demand legit live measurements of height and reach each fight? We should as fans put the pressure on these guys to even get dunk tanked to see what bodyfat% they are at. Everyone says they are in the best shape of their life and if they show up heavy they say it’s all muscle. Prove it. We can’t even get most stars to step on the scale on fight night. What do they have to hide? Everything I guess. So much talk about one fighter being “too big” for another fighter etc. Get on the scales each fight night and let everyone see. These debates over weight stall fights and it’s all hearsay. How can we let someone weigh in with a jersey and a sombrero? Can Manny carry a cinder block and fight at HW? When was the last time anyone was even told how big a ring was going to be? Most of the players in the nfl draft end up being shorter than listed. I know I’m ranting, but I just don’t understand how we don’t get more. AJ and Ruiz weights both being way down was all fake news. Everyone talked about it like it was truth. If Fury shows up heavy it’s not by choice, I’m sure of that. That’s the oldest boxing joke in the book.

Comment

Originally posted by Blond Beast View Post
                      I’ll just have to see the weigh in to see if I find issues with either guy. I like that Wilders team doesn’t stress about weight.
                      Its why I admire Floyd Mayweather so much.Guy was always in shape and sacrificed so much for the sport he loves.Hence as you maybe aware use to train at 3am and employ someone in a local gym to keep it open.Reason being he wanted to do things other people didnt and and get that edge.
                      Last edited by Richard; 02-13-2020, 05:20 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X