No announcement yet.

Fury agrees Wilder bigger puncher than Mike Tyson ,Rocky Marciano

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fury agrees Wilder bigger puncher than Mike Tyson ,Rocky Marciano

Thoughts??? Is wilder a bigger puncher than Mike Tyson or Rocky Marciano?

https://youtu.be/ceo76hy--cM

Reporter from Yahoo sports : my question is for tyson your former trainer Ben Davison said after he knocked out Luis Ortiz, that he thought he was the biggest puncher in heavyweight history you said you were a boxing historian. Do you agree with that? Do you say he is a bigger puncher than a Mike Tyson or Rocky Marciano somebody like that

. Fury : you know great question and the answer to that would be numbers don't tell lies this mans knockout ratios alone say hes the greatest puncher in history in the heavy weight division.

KO% is good indicator of punch power but by no means should be used to rank punching power. If a fighter is fighting a higher level of opponent or more durable opponents then there's obviously a better chance they'll go the distance. Then there's the manner of stoppage. Vitali Klitschko has a high KO% but his stoppages were more accumulation than 1 punch power.

Comment

I think people need to stop discussing Wilders power until he fights all the best. Fight fury, josh, Ortiz, Whyte, usyk, Joe Joyce and dubois then we can talk

Comment

Originally posted by Robbie Barrett View Post
        KO% is good indicator of punch power but by no means should be used to rank punching power. If a fighter is fighting a higher level of opponent or more durable opponents then there's obviously a better chance they'll go the distance. Then there's the manner of stoppage. Vitali Klitschko has a high KO% but his stoppages were more accumulation than 1 punch power.
        Given Wilder's knockout ratio and the way he's putting guys out I'd have to agree that he is the hardest puncher in Heavyweight history. Wilder isn't finishing guys with an accumulation of punches like Vitali was, he's putting guys completely out.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
          Given Wilder's knockout ratio and the way he's putting guys out I'd have to agree that he is the hardest puncher in Heavyweight history. Wilder isn't finishing guys with an accumulation of punches like Vitali was, he's putting guys completely out.
          I'd say this guy put fighters away like Wilder. With both hands too.

Comment

Nice video. I forgot how good a young Wlad was, especially with the left hook. He really started to shell up later in his career and that's why the knockouts kind of dried up. Maybe you could make a case for Wlad being one of the hardest punchers, but the hardest...not sure. Joshua took his best and kept coming. I would have liked to see how he would have handled Holyfield, but he never wanted to fight him

Comment

But David Haye sparred with both and said Wilder's a harder puncher.

Tyson Fury fought both and said Wilder's a harder puncher.

So does anybody who ever sparred with or fought both.

You haters are just gonna have to accept that Wilder's a bigger puncher than anybody at least since Tyson.

Doesn't make him the best, but power is not subjective. It doesn't change because of who you fought. Power is power.
              Last edited by The D3vil; 02-09-2020, 02:28 AM.

Comment

Fury is simply interested in building the reputation for his opponent, especially after such ridiculous knockdowns from his hands (?) in the 1st fight.

Comment

Originally posted by The D3vil View Post
                  But David Haye sparred with both and said Wilder's a harder puncher.

Tyson Fury fought both and said Wilder's a harder puncher.

So does anybody who ever sparred with or fought both.

You haters are just gonna have to accept that Wilder's a bigger puncher than anybody at least since Tyson.

Doesn't make him the best, but power is not subjective. It doesn't change because of who you fought. Power is power.
                  Fury's comment doenst mean anything. He did not meet Wladimir's best punch. He outboxed him and did not get any serious punch. How can he make proper judgement?

Comment

Wilder only has power in his metal hand. His left is useless. Mike Tyson had killer power in both and from all different angles. Mike Tyson was knocking out way better fighters than Wilder has knocked out so far in his era. Old man Ortiz? Thats it? Tyson knocked out greats.

Mike Tyson is a bigger puncher than Deontay Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                    X