No announcement yet.

What stars has PBC created?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What stars has PBC created?

Outside of Floyd Mayweather and outside of boxers built up by Golden Boy Promotions?

That one dumb kid who punches women in the face
    MONGOOSE66 MONGOOSE66 likes this.

Comment

PBC didn't make Floyd. If anything Haymon used Mayweather to build PBC. PBC wasn't even around until 2015.

Comment

Spence for sure.... And to a certain extent Thurman. I know PBC took certain guys to the next level like Porter

Comment

PBC has built wilder that's about it. I actually think Eddie Hearn built Wilder more than PBC did.

Comment

Errol Spence. Deontay Wilder, his popularity increased between PBC/Showtime cards and probably even grew further with big heavyweight rivals like Fury and Joshua to keep his name active even when he wasn't fighting.

Comment

Maybe Spence?

They have brought Wilder to a good place, but he was with Golden Boy when most ppl here would have found out about him.

I was thinking about this the other day...I can't even really name any young standout prospects like a Vergil Ortiz or Teofimo Lopez that PBC has. I've got to be missing someone (no, not Joey Spencer)

Comment

Originally posted by KillaMane26 View Post
                Spence for sure.... And to a certain extent Thurman. I know PBC took certain guys to the next level like Porter
                I don't think Spence Jr. Is a household name yet. Casuals barely know who he is.

Wilder is the only fighter that is hitting mainstream.

Comment

I think Caleb Plant still has some potential in this regard...not a star but at least he's still rising I think. At 27, not sure how popular he can really be...at least there are some fights for him.

Ok, just remembered David Benavidez there's a good prospect turned contender for sure. Hopefully they can do something good with him
                  Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 02-08-2020, 01:48 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by lizard_man View Post
                    I don't think Spence Jr. Is a household name yet. Casuals barely know who he is.

Wilder is the only fighter that is hitting mainstream.
                    But this past year Spence is has gotten alot bigger...He almost there.... I think he deserves a honorable mention at this point
                    ShoulderRoll ShoulderRoll likes this.

Comment

Working...
                    X