Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wilder/Fury II fight poll: attend, buy, stream or not?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's like 8:30am on Sunday my time unfortunately so i'll be at work and will survive on live feed updates. I did consider taking the day off for it but the first fight was actually quite uneventful outside of 2 rounds and I feel like it's going to be a repeat of something similar. If Fury comes out and closes the distance, it will be interesting but probably very messy

Comment

If this fight is unsuccessful you can forget about Spence vs Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF WBO View Post
        It's the #1 heavyweight in the world vs. the #2 heavyweight in the world for the lineal world heavyweight championship and the WBC world heavyweight championship. It will sell at least a million pay-per-view buys worldwide, if not a lot more.

Please link us to Al Haymon saying what you're claiming he said.
        Idiotic comment. These two clowns are not #1 and #2. It's a fight between #2 and #3 at best. Also, I hope you are not ****** enough to believe that this fight does anywhere near a million PPV buys hahahaha. Furys last fight had more comped tickets than bought tickets. And Wilder has never sold out an arena, gym or ballroom hall.
        Last edited by Tyistall; 02-06-2020, 08:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
          These two clowns are not #1 and #2. It's a fight between #2 and #3 at best.
          TBRB and Ring both have them 1 and 2.

I hope you are ****** enough to believe that this fight does anywhere near a million PPV buys hahahaha.
          The first fight did over 800,000 PPVs worldwide. It's a very safe assumption that the rematch will do over a million worldwide.

Comment

TBRB and Ring both have them 1 and 2.

The first fight did over 800,000 PPVs worldwide. It's a very safe assumption that the rematch will do over a million worldwide.
            TBRB and Ring are not the end-all be-all for ranking in boxing. BoxRec is considered a better ranking system by far. Also, the first PPV numbers were never confirmed, they were "leaked" by websites and people who never had anything to do with the promotion of the fight. This is a trick that they do when the numbers are bad but they want them to look better than they are. Just like the Wilder vs Ortiz II fight. It took them about a month to "release" the numbers and when they did, the numbers were never confirmed. And just out of curiosity, how can someone with the handle of WBC WBA IBF WBO completely ignore a heavyweight champion who has all of those belts except the one that Wilder has been holding hostage? How is that guy, with 4 belts, how is he somehow #3?

Comment

Paying to watch Wilder or Fury 😂

I'll watch it the day after on allthebestfights.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyistall View Post
                TBRB and Ring are not the end-all be-all for ranking in boxing. BoxRec is considered a better ranking system by far.
                Considered by who? Whenever I see others mention boxrec, they're usually laughed at and told TBRB and Ring are the most respected.

the first PPV numbers were never confirmed, they were "leaked" by websites and people who never had anything to do with the promotion of the fight.
                That's how it works for 99% of PPVs. The promoter rarely confirms anything. Journalists have sources at the cable and satellite companies and find out how many PPVs were sold.

How is that guy, with 4 belts, how is he somehow #3?
                If you're not going to be honest about how many world titles Joshua has, why should I continue to interact with you? Best of luck with everything. I wish you and Joshua continued success. Take care.

Comment

It's the #1 heavyweight in the world vs. the #2 heavyweight in the world for the lineal world heavyweight championship and the WBC world heavyweight championship. It will sell at least a million pay-per-view buys worldwide, if not a lot more.

Please link us to Al Haymon saying what you're claiming he said.
                  A million WORLDWIDE. Tell the truth, what will it do statewide because that’s where it matters. WORKDWIDE means US and the UK. Well the UK will be responsible for 75-80 of the PPV buys. But worldwide a million buys is possibly. But statewide it so t doing shht

As far as Weird Al is concerned.
                  I guess you were still in grade school when the PBC first came out and they spewed all that shht about bringing boxing back to the mainstream Free tv.

Comment

Originally posted by True-Boxing-Fan View Post
                    the UK will be responsible for 75-80 of the PPV buys.
                    The first fight did over 325,000 buys in the US and 450,000 buys in the UK. It's incredibly unlikely 80% of the buys for the second fight will be from the UK. ESPN and Fox are giving the fight massive promotion right now. The fight will easily do over 500,000 buys in the US.

[/QUOTE]when the PBC first came out and they spewed all that shht about bringing boxing back to the mainstream Free tv.[/QUOTE]

Which is exactly what they've done. There is free boxing on Fox almost every month.

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                      Seriously? Fox.
                      What one or two crap fights a year. Yea he’s really bringing it back.

Comment

Working...
                      X