Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez Facing WBO's Looming Deadline on Alvarez Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Gilberto Ramirez Facing WBO's Looming Deadline on Alvarez Fight

With the mandate to fill a void atop the light heavyweight landscape, at least one party is making the process a difficult one. As previously reported by BoxingScene.com, the World Boxing Organization (WBO) ordered a four-man light heavyweight tournament with the hopes of it leading to a vacant title fight. The two eliminators which have been are: top-rated former WBO super middleweight titlist Gilberto Zurdo' Ramirez (40-0, 26KOs) versus former WBO 175-pound titlist Eleider Alvarez (25-1, 13KOs); and Umar Salamov (25-1, 19KOs) versus Maksim Vlasov (45-3, 26KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

He's been taking home $1 mil+ vs conveniently ranked soft touch mandatories. I dunno what his major gripe is, but he's already getting crazy overpaid as it is. Unless he emerges as a player in the Canelo sweepstakes, I don't really see how a promoter switch better positions him. Think he'd get physically wrecked vs Beterbiev and would look out of his depth athletically vs Bivol--not that I see him rushing to take these fights. Hope common sense prevails & he fights Storm Alvarez, that's a good fight.

Comment

What actually has he been making? Personally I don't give a damn! Get you ass in the ring and off the beach Zurdo! Love this kid as much as any one in boxing. I have faith in a hungry Gilberto Ramirez. Once he cleans up this mess and gets the title he can ask for more money. So get busy please. All business.. Which is kicking ass on the 175 division! Stop fu...... around.

Comment

Why, when movi g up as the wbo 168 champion, was Ramirez bit automatically entitled to be installed as mandatory challenger to the wbo champion at 175? Like with Usyk at cruiser to heavy?

Comment

Zurdo ramirez

This kid are greater i bet that canelo will leaving empty the tike before confront zurdo ramirez. Zurdo he wante long time ago but canelo running away from him thank wbo give mandatory defend tile

Comment

Zurdo ramirez

This kid are greater i bet that canelo will leaving empty the tile before confront zurdo ramirez. Zurdo he wante long time ago but canelo running away from him thank wbo give mandatory defend tile

Comment

Outside Mexican fans Zurdo is unknown. I doubt Hearn or DLH would give him what he wants financially at DAZN.

Comment

Who cares about Zurdo anyway? Anybody with a brain knows he doesn't have a chance against the elite at light heavyweight. Plus he's not that exciting of a fighter, so let him get replaced by Joe Smith Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by KrusherStan View Post
                  Outside Mexican fans Zurdo is unknown. I doubt Hearn or DLH would give him what he wants financially at DAZN.
                  I have and I'm just a mut who likes good boxing. He is on top of my list. So maybe you should word your question different.

Comment

Originally posted by Christhenatural View Post
                    Who cares about Zurdo anyway? Anybody with a brain knows he doesn't have a chance against the elite at light heavyweight. Plus he's not that exciting of a fighter, so let him get replaced by Joe Smith Jr.
                    Really? Joe Smith huh? I bet you read the national enquirer for your up to date news info also.

Comment

Working...
                    X