Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joshua Not Sold on Offering 50-50 Split To Wilder-Fury Winner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joshua is telling you WHY he jumped out of the WBC ratings 3 years ago and had no problem giving Charles Martin the lions share for the IBF belt. He always knew Wilder would knock his head off. But he just can't say that to his loyal fans. He has to go around Wilder, pick up all the easy belts, reject the $50 million he asked for, offer $15 million instead with a one-way rematch clause, then make offers when Wilder is tied up with other fights and continue to play games...

Instead of just saying, hey, I'm still learning, I'm not ready to fight Wilder yet but I'll fight him when I'm confident I can compete with him...

Comment

• Originally posted by davefromvancouv View Post
      Joshua is telling you WHY he jumped out of the WBC ratings 3 years ago and had no problem giving Charles Martin the lions share for the IBF belt. He always knew Wilder would knock his head off. But he just can't say that to his loyal fans. He has to go around Wilder, pick up all the easy belts, reject the $50 million he asked for, offer $15 million instead with a one-way rematch clause, then make offers when Wilder is tied up with other fights and continue to play games...

Instead of just saying, hey, I'm still learning, I'm not ready to fight Wilder yet but I'll fight him when I'm confident I can compete with him...
      So your claim is he ducked a potential fight with wilder by taking on fights for four other belts instead ...

Right!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kezzer View Post
        So your claim is he ducked a potential fight with wilder by taking on fights for four other belts instead ...

Right!!!

Help me out here, Kezzer...What is it with the UK's fascination of the IBO belt?

Comment

Right!!!
          Yes. He avoided the better fighter to pick up the belts stripped from Fury.

Comment

• Originally posted by DaNeutral. View Post
            Nobody from Joshua's side, including Hearn, feels that Wilder or Fury are worth 50-50%. The stats, facts and figures back that up perfectly too. Hearn said they would maybe have to go to 50% to get the fights. Joshua has been asking for justification for why that would be the case. There is no realistic answer to that.

Joshua made over 80million in his last fight, broke PPV records again and sold out a venue in a foreign country (and thats after taking a loss) Wilders last fight he sold 7 thousand tickets which is only half the venue and did around 200k in PPV's. (as the home fighter in a home venue on home soil) Tyson Fury? Well his numbers are even worse than Wilders.

And thats just looking at their last fights. Keep going back and it dont get any favourable for either Wilder or Fury. Do not get mixed up with Team AJ being willing to offer 50% and those two opponents being worth 50%.
            Many of the tickets went to govt officials..friends etc...over in Saudi...paid by the tourism department

I assure you if Wilder goes over there the very same venue will be full

You keep forgetting your PPV is dirt cheap..Eddie had to raise it to 24.99 thats still about a 3rd of the Wilder fight

Lets see how many ppv Puzzyfruit can sell at 70 pounds..since you think he is all that

The Saudis will over pay for all boxers not just Puzzyfruit...and Puzzyfruit did not make 80 million

Please list 2 sources that verify that

The site fee per Eddie was 40 million to the promoter....how much did Puzzyfruit get?

The gate wasnt really announced..who got gate money

The dirt cheap ppv 33$USD amounted to 50 million to sky box office

How much did Puzzyfruit get

Puzzyfruit got a nice payday of 35/40million at best dont over play your hand

Eddie probably makes as much as Puzzyfruit on all the deals

But their agreement is hush hush

Comment

• This is what is so frustrating about boxing, AJ and his team don't think the winner between Fury and Wilder are worth 50% and I guarantee you, if either guy is offered lowered, they will not take it, so now the fight doesn't happen and AJ fans are saying that everyone is ducking AJ. I believe it should go by ranking, if you're ranked higher, you should get the lions share or at the very least a 50/50 split.

Comment

• Originally posted by Michael1437 View Post
                This is what is so frustrating about boxing, AJ and his team don't think the winner between Fury and Wilder are worth 50% and I guarantee you, if either guy is offered lowered, they will not take it, so now the fight doesn't happen and AJ fans are saying that everyone is ducking AJ. I believe it should go by ranking, if you're ranked higher, you should get the lions share or at the very least a 50/50 split.
                Thatís the way the mandatory system works, usually getting between 20-30%. Unfortunately for unifications it doesnít work because of conflicting belts views on purses, logic would say if Joshua has 4 of the 5 belts we should be getting 70-75% on that basis. There are other ways to view it of course, but while he is the cash cow he we really dictate if he wants to accept offering 50% or not and he would be very justified not too.

Comment

• Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
                  Help me out here, Kezzer...What is it with the UK's fascination of the IBO belt?
                  I donít think there is any fascination. Itís seen as the ďfifthĒ belt for sure but itís still real.

In some ways it has become a more logical belt than some of the better known belts which dictate random mandatories. WBC ordering Brezeale, stiverne2 for example or even IBF insisting on Pulev. You donít get that rubbish with IBO at least!

Comment

• he could have at least said 60/40 lol dam bro

Comment

I donít think there is any fascination. Itís seen as the ďfifthĒ belt for sure but itís still real.

In some ways it has become a more logical belt than some of the better known belts which dictate random mandatories. WBC ordering Brezeale, stiverne2 for example or even IBF insisting on Pulev. You donít get that rubbish with IBO at least!
                      We don't recognize it at all in North America, never have. So it was new to me when I joined this site and saw guys on your side of the pond talking it up.

You're right about one thing though, it shows how bad the big ABC orgs have gotten when we say "The IBO doesn't have mandatories! Awesome!" lol.

Comment

Working...
                      X