Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If Santa Cruz does fight Davis should thier be a catch weight?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If Santa Cruz does fight Davis should thier be a catch weight?

I'm not big fan of catch weights but Leo just moved up to 130 and 135 really might be to much for him.

On the other hand Davis has trouble makeing 135 now so that could be another issue.

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post
    I'm not big fan of catch weights but Leo just moved up to 130 and 135 really might be to much for him.

On the other hand Davis has trouble makeing 135 now so that could be another issue.
    And thats exactly why if this fight was to happen it would be at 135. We all know by now exactly how these guys are playing this game. They call it playing chess when we just want them playing Boxing. Theres plenty of good guys at 135 and Tank is guna duck them all.

Comment

LSC couldn't punch at 122-126. He's as much food for Tank as Mikey was for Spence. They aren't forcing Tank to drain to 130 when LSC is a profile builder for him.

Comment

NO! No catchweight. World title fights should never be fought at a catchweight, Hell, there is only 5 pounds difference between 130 and 135 anyway. The weight classes are very close together already. Santa Cruz is a proud fighter and I doubt he will ask for a catchweight nor should he get one. Either he can beat Davis at 135 or he can't. Lightweight is 135 not 132 or 133. If no world title is at stake the boxers can fight at whatever catchweight they both agree to and put it in the contract but if the fight is for the world lightweight title then the weight limit should be 135 and no less.

Comment

Originally posted by Blue54 View Post

The fight is contracted for 130

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
            The fight is contracted for 130
            Can Tank even make it down to 130?

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
              Can Tank even make it down to 130?
              Yes. The fight at 135 was because Tank wanted an easy fight in Atlanta. He didn't want to cut to 130 to fight Gamboa. He was going to do it for Farmer. Basically Tank taking the easy route. He can still make 130. Missing 135 was because he didn't listen to his coaches and tried to prove to them he can make it on his own.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                NO! No catchweight. World title fights should never be fought at a catchweight, Hell, there is only 5 pounds difference between 130 and 135 anyway. The weight classes are very close together already. Santa Cruz is a proud fighter and I doubt he will ask for a catchweight nor should he get one. Either he can beat Davis at 135 or he can't. Lightweight is 135 not 132 or 133. If no world title is at stake the boxers can fight at whatever catchweight they both agree to and put it in the contract but if the fight is for the world lightweight title then the weight limit should be 135 and no less.
                BRAVO to bro...I’m a fan of yours now.
                That’s the way it is... nuff said!

Comment

Comment

135 or no fight.

There's no stopping Santa Cruz's mission for 5 division world titles.

Comment

Working...
                    X