Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hearn explains how he makes fights with PBC. Hint: It doesn't happen on Instagram

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Amir Imam View Post
    So funny how all the pbc/Haymon haters want Spence to fight next. Spence just came off a deadly injury you all know there’s a slim chance he may not even step in the ring this year. You all know that but many of you keep saying things like, “if he don’t fight Crawford next he’s a coward” lol some of you boxing fans are just down right pathetic.
    I used to be 50/50 with the two, I was a huge Errol supporter up until this past year . I thought he was different than he actually is, I though he wanted to fight the best. That easy route statement really got to me.
    It wasn’t a deadly crash either Spence is fine or they’re full of **** all the way around.

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
      It's not a question of whether it's a bluff. It's a question of whether it's a publicity stunt.

When Wilder offered Joshua $50 million, it wasn't a bluff. Had Joshua accepted, the money would have been there.

But it was clearly a publicity stunt designed to sway public opinion and Wilder's side must have known there was little to no chance of Joshua accepting.

So it's not that Hearn won't come up with the $7 million, it's that he knows there's no way Charlo will accept and the offer only exists to sway public opinion.

Had Charlo publicly asked for $7 million from Hearn, then you can't blame Hearn for simply offering what was asked.

But Charlo has no interest in fighting on DAZN. He's with PBC. Hearn knows this. He's just trying influence fans by lying about how much Charlo currently makes.
      Joshua gets rightfully criticized for it though, doesnt he?

So charlo has no interest in fighting on DAZN. If the money is (substantially) better, shouldnt that be considered ducking?

Or is it accepted around here that PBC fighters should never cross the street? Hearn gets flack because he shows that PBC is not willing to make crossover fights? Why?

Comment

Originally posted by asgarth View Post
        Joshua gets rightfully criticized for it though, doesnt he?
        Yes, because he said on camera, bring me 50 million and I'll sign tomorrow.

Comment

So the offers are going to Luis De Cubas? What?

Once again proving that Promoters are trying to go AROUND Haymon because it is likely stuff in these offers they know he will catch and won't approve

I get the feeling this is why Lou DiBella is no long Wilder Promoter because Eddie tried to use him to make the Wilder deal without Haymon and Shelly
          Last edited by sicko; 01-23-2020, 11:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Froch_uppercut View Post
            You sleeping on Whyte? He would walk right through Ruiz and chop him down. Whyte is the best or second best hw right now. He's better than the two phonies fighting Feb 22.
            When has Whyte walked through anybody of note? He just went life and death with shot to **** Chisora lol.

Comment

Word on the street Al Haymon makes sure his stable dont see all the offers that come their way. Rumour is he has done it with a number of fighters. Im not saying its true but i certianly believe it. So if I were Eddie Hearn i would also be making sure to work around Haymon and his offer blockers by going to a media that he knows Charlo uses.

Comment

Lol, this is funny how right now we got De La Hoya, Hearn and Arum on the front page suposedly all being fullof sht sending fake offers and what have you. PBC are the only ones being honest and wanting to make the best fights.

Comment

The problem I have with Charlo in these situations is he should be imho barking loudly on twitter etc about what the offer was etc. If they offered him $5 million for Canelo, put it out there...if they lowballed him for Andrade, put it out there...if he really wanted the GGG fight when it was mandated by the WBC, put it out there.

I don't think any of those guys really want to fight Charlo...imo he is high risk low reward...but at the same time, I think he is very content to do his own thing at PBC and not take too much risk either...for the money, he should have been all over the Andrade or Canelo fight!!! I can't imagine what his gameplan is here...just bizarre stuff really.

He could end up taking two fights (SD and Eubank) now for basically peanuts compared to those two fights, and these two fights won't be walkovers either...though he will have a much better chance of winning on the cards in those two fights.

Just bizarre stuff really...I want to hear him talking (sh.it) about the offer from team Canelo...but you never hear anything from him...his promotion is terrible.

Comment

Working...
                  X