• Show
Clear All

Hopefully the WBC keeps their word on

Bieterbiev vs. Pascal
    Benavidez vs. Smith
    Spence vs. D. Garcia

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
      I seriously doubt Jermall turned down a fight with Canelo unless it was a very low money offer. Oscar is a proven habitual liar. When I read on boxing scene top headlines that Jermall turned down a Canelo fight I will believe it but until then I don't believe it. Jermall has been asking for a fight with Canelo for years now.
      5.5 million do you consider low???

Comment

I will make it simple for you. Oscar is lying his ass off as usual. Jermall would accept any reasonable offer to fight Canelo at either 160 or 168 in a heartbeat. No offer was ever made to Jermall to fight Canelo or it would be on boxing scene top headlines and it's not there. If I read about this offer on boxing scene I will believe it but until then I don't believe Jermall was ever offered a fight with Canelo. I say Canelo fights Saunders next because Saunders has looked so bad since his last good performance against Lemieux over two years ago. It's an easy way for Canelo to become a legit champ at 168 which is the weight he will fight at the rest of his career. No more fights for Canelo at 160 or 175 because 168 is his natural fighting weight now. Time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
          The guy who gave up his belt rather than defend against the mandatory challenger is the one who has to be the ducker.

I mean how is this even a debate.

When canelo dropped the belt and gave it to ggg, you and many others posted canelo was ducking ggg. Ok.

Now canelo drops the belt and gives it to charlo and it’s charlo that is ducking. That is just utterly insane.
          This is where the business side of boxing enters the equation. What we don't know is what Charlo demanded for his cut of the purse. Especially without a title in hand. My guess is he priced himself out during whatever talks may have been held behind closed doors. Jacobs purse was $2.5M with $10M guaranteed by DAZN. He had the IBF title to sweeten the deal. What did Charlo expect to get paid without a title? What does he think he is worth now with a title? Questioned unanswered.

Comment

Oscar is fine at his position, so right.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
              5.5 million do you consider low???
              It would be low cnsidering Canelo gets 35 million. Where did you get this amount of 5.5 million from? I just read about it on boxing scene. Oscar said he made Jermall an amazing amazing offer to fight Canelo. He always says the same word twice when he wants to impress everyone. This was a fuking year ago he supposedly made this offer, not today. Why didn't we hear a damn thing about this offer almost a year ago when it supposedly happened and are just hearing about it now????? When asked how much he offered Jermall to fight Canelo Oscar REFUSED to say how much this mysterious offer was for. If you can't figure out that Oscar is lying his ass off about this bogus offer that never happened then you don't know Oscar very well. Why would Jermall turned down the fight he always wanted? He didn't and Oscar is lying. If this offer really ever happened we would have heard all about it many months ago when it supposedly happened. Until team Jermall confirms this offer was made I believe there never was any offer made to Jermall to fight Canelo way back in May 2019. Give me one good reason to believe this offer was ever made.

Comment

Originally posted by juandabomb View Post
                Yeah right..1-2 is more realistic
                There is this IBO WBU IBA guy thay claimed to be working as a promoter that spins a lot of BS how charlo are actually maling 5x more than their registered purses.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
                  This is where the business side of boxing enters the equation. What we don't know is what Charlo demanded for his cut of the purse. Especially without a title in hand. My guess is he priced himself out during whatever talks may have been held behind closed doors. Jacobs purse was $2.5M with $10M guaranteed by DAZN. He had the IBF title to sweeten the deal. What did Charlo expect to get paid without a title? What does he think he is worth now with a title? Questioned unanswered.
                  While I understand why we need answers to those questions the fact remains he gave up his belt rather than face charlo.

If that was ducking when it was ggg, then it’s ducking when it’s charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                    While I understand why we need answers to those questions the fact remains he gave up his belt rather than face charlo.

If that was ducking when it was ggg, then it’s ducking when it’s charlo.
                    Who did he fight after he gave up the belt? A softer opponent or a tougher one?

Comment

Yeah ok dummy

Comment

Working...
                      X