Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So what do we know about SugarHill Steward?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
    He's alright. I don't think there is anything close to a Eddie Futch proteges Benton & Roach level of passed down info involved with Manny to Javan Hill (this cats name til about a month or two ago doe).

I kinda think Jon Banks would be a better representation of "Kronk" than Hill. But saying that idk that Manny had a protege like some other great trainers have so some of their info gets passed down. Or that's how I feel anyway maybe I think too highly of Manny or too low of the guys who were under him.
    You're probably right. I don't know if Manny ever spent enough time with any of these guys to consider them an official protege.

Comment

I hear he's a dog nonce.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
        He is Emmanuel Steward's nephew and flies the Kronk colors.

Wladimir Klitschko trained under Emmanuel but when he passed away Klitschko turned to Jonathon Banks to continue the legacy, not SugarHill.

Just how good of a trainer is he? How much of Emmanuel's knowledge is he able to carry on?
        Great observation here, why didn’t Wlad turn to hill? He would have been cheaper to work with, he should have been working under the great manny and possibly using his methods too.

So Wladimir probably know more than we know, I know Banks is also one of Manny’s students but this Wladimir thing is actually key.

Comment

I reckon as close as you can get to the last great HW trainer is about the best move one can make.

Fury probably isn't really going to go for the KO, but, he can still benefit from having a trainer who can teach him KO boxing because it'll give him new perspectives on what to look out for.

Comment

Originally posted by SkiPete View Post
            I know his last name wasn't Steward until about 5 minutes ago when he decided it would be good for buisness.
            I was wondering where tf that came from. Is he calling himself that, or was that just fury? I always thought he went by javon “sugar” hill.

Comment

I remember Fury had been in some of those camps with Wlad and Steward,. I'm sure him and Hill crossed paths at some point and maybe something developed at that time.

As far as Wlad choosing Banks - just think they became close due to personality traits...maybe Wlad picked who he felt comfortable with (ie. not someone who was going to slap him and chew him out like Steward). Banks is soft spoken for a trainer so maybe at that stage that is what Wlad preferred. Banks, Bashir, and Hill were the corner with Wlad when Steward was still alive, but sick. Worked with Stevenson, Lee, I THINK also Vernon Paris.

Fury has to get some snap into his punches, maybe sit down some more and get more leverage - could be a good hookup if Hill really carrying Kronk with him....Fury made Wilder miss, but he didn't always make him pay.
              Last edited by LA_2_Vegas; 01-18-2020, 05:29 PM.

Comment

Sugar Hill is there strictly for offense

Comment

He moved the Kronk gym, has a bunch of guys using Kronk colors and claiming Kronk but none of them fight like Kronk fighters, they don’t look like Kronk fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                    Great observation here, why didn’t Wlad turn to hill? He would have been cheaper to work with, he should have been working under the great manny and possibly using his methods too.

So Wladimir probably know more than we know, I know Banks is also one of Manny’s students but this Wladimir thing is actually key.
                    Ditto Andy Lee. Lee was closer to Steward than anyone. When Manny died, Lee didn’t go to Sugar. Same with Tony Harrison.

Comment

Another thing to note, just because he hung around Kronk or is related to Manny doesn’t mean he can train like him. Wilder’s trainer is Mark Breland who WAS a Kronk fighter and trained my Manny Steward and we all know that’s done **** all for Wilder’s skills

Comment

Working...
                      X