No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Usyk Explains Dismissive Stance On Chisora Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Usyk Explains Dismissive Stance On Chisora Clash

Oleksandr Usyk has his sights squarely fixed on fighting for a heavyweight title in his next fight. With that in mind, he's not quite sure how an opponent not directly in line to contend for said prize can be considered as his next opponent. Much has been made about the 2012 Olympic Gold medalist and former World cruiserweight champion heading into a springtime showdown versus veteran contender Derek Chisora. The pairing has been suggested as a consolation prize of sorts, while Ukraine's Usyk (17-0, 13KOs) awaits his crack at unified heavyweight titlist Anthony Joshua (23-1, 21KOs).
    [Click Here To Read More]

Del would probably beat him that's why. Usyk has not been tested and it seems doesn't want to be at heavy he seems happy to wait for a ridiculous rule book situation by the WBO to allow a straight shot.

Comment

Originally posted by thack View Post
      Del would probably beat him that's why. Usyk has not been tested and it seems doesn't want to be at heavy he seems happy to wait for a ridiculous rule book situation by the WBO to allow a straight shot.
      Yeah, I'd say they probably came to heavyweight for the Joshua payday. Accordingly, they will likely not want to fight any heavy that a loss to, even by a slim margin, would diminish a fight versus one of the top 3 (although I'm not sure there is any current intent to fight Wilder or Fury).

I think he has enough skill to beat Chisora, but the lack of KO power will hinder him versus a cagey veteran with good whiskers.

Comment

Given that Hearns is Usyk co- promoter, it appears that his agenda is obviously NOT to request an exemption from wbo for Joshua to fight Usyk after pulev.

If, as Joshua says, he's his own boss, makes you wonder why . . .

Comment

chisora beats usyk?

Comment

I won't say Chirosa beats Usyk but itd be a good measuring stick at heavy for him

Comment

Del got narrowly outfoxed by kayabel . He is made to order for usyk . Unless del boy savagely kos usyk I dont see him winning , however he will usually make for a fun fight . If u think him looking for parker , kownacki , or ruiz jr is not wanting to be tested over fighting chisora who was just recently stopped then to each their own sir . Let's wait and see who usyk signs to fight before we start heckling the guy . He has done nothing but fight the best , he doesnt deserve that until he does

Comment

Did you even read the article ? Chisora is ranked 9 which takes him out of the mix unless 7 guys before him all decline it for a vacant title shot,it has literally nothing to do with if they think Usyk can win which I’m sure everyone thinks Chisora would ? Huh, Ha

Comment

Originally posted by tokon View Post
                  Given that Hearns is Usyk co- promoter, it appears that his agenda is obviously NOT to request an exemption from wbo for Joshua to fight Usyk after pulev.

If, as Joshua says, he's his own boss, makes you wonder why . . .
                  They have requested the WBO/IBF sort out for whatever reason they haven't. Arum and Warren efefctively own the WBC so look for your conspiracy theories there.

Comment

Aj should fight Pulev and then Usyk and should be allowed to keep his belts if he does that.

Personally I wasn't impressed with Usyk in the Witherspoon fight. Usyk needs to avoid fighting anyone good before the AJ fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X