No announcement yet.

To you clowns that pretend GGG was robbed in fight 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
    Yeah GGG has a really good jab...it's easy to score...and it scores often...GGG outlanded Canelo by 49 in the first fight btw, and 32 in the second fight...well according to compubox...that is probably more or less right though.

Btw I don't really care that GGG got 'robbed' in those fights...he knew what the deal was...he was getting paid for his titles and zero, and unless he could KO Canelo he was likely to lose on the cards...it is what it is.

I'm just glad he got paid...especially when I see such classy gentleman like yourself who refuse to give him any credit whatsoever.
    So give a guy rounds just because he averaged like 4 and 2 punches per round??? So now a jab is better than body punches and power punches COMBINED???

Comment

• Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
      I believe he's the top ranked contender by the IBF even if the defense ain't been ordered yet, but that doesn't really have a bearing on what I was asking.

Simple fact is there's no-one at all said they're 'excited' by this fight, GGG fan or otherwise, so I'm just wondering why you said there was..
      He’s ranked #3 by the IBF. So HAS to fight another Boxer in an eliminator fight and the WINNER is then the mando. So this is a sht fight that doesn’t/ shouldn’t even be happening!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
        Not you again??? This is the guy who IGNORED accuracy, body work and defense.

Canelo landed 27 more power punches ggg landed 32 more total.

I’m gonna judge fights by the RIGHT way while you continue judging off compubox

Ironically 'power punches' is a term basically made up by compubox and has no bearing on the scoring of a fight under any official rules or guidelines. If a landed jab is perceived to have had as much effect as any other type of landed punch then it should be given the same weight when it comes to scoring a round... course, that's where the nuance and subjectivity comes in.

You got any special qualifications or just your own self regard that you're telling other folk how they can and can't score a fight? There ain't a right or wrong answer when it comes to scoring fights, man, so long as the guidelines are followed, just different perspectives.
        Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-22-2020, 01:18 PM.

Comment

He’s ranked #3 by the IBF. So HAS to fight another Boxer in an eliminator fight and the WINNER is then the mando. So this is a sht fight that doesn’t/ shouldn’t even be happening!
          Well that I think we can agree on either way. IMO Golovkin is past the point of needing titles to increase his value, but I believe if you're right that the misunderstanding is understandable given that several articles have been released stating that Kamil is actually GGGs mandatory..

https://www.badlefthook.com/2020/1/1...zn-boxing-news

Both ESPN and Mike Coppinger report that IBF middleweight champion Gennadiy Golovkin’s mandatory defense against Poland’s Kamil Szeremeta is “being planned” for March 28th in Chicago’s Wintrust Arena.

Comment

• Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
            Well we all know who started this chit
            Everyone following in the footsteps of Floyd
            You know , wait out your opponent until you see some decline or something that favours you and hence the reason to actually fight that fighter
            That is what boxing has become
            And now they got two more dumb fughin reasons to do so ; either it’s a problem because of managerial reasons ( TMT won’t work with Top Rank ) or Dazn vs Espn
            That is the sad state of boxing imo
            Ray Leonard was the original when he publicly ducked Hagler in front of a crowd during a tribute to him at the Capital Center. Then he challenges Hagler 5 years later after he knows he's shop worn and near the end. It would have been Leonard being destroyed in 1985 but Hearns had the balls to face Marvin instead.

Comment

Man did you see the HUGE size difference between them when they did fight??? Want me to post pics???

And you wanted a SWW to fight a Grown BORN never left MW?? Three years sooner??? Like when Canelo was 23-24??? GTFO
              He should have doubled his ROID intake.

Comment

Stupid! Sergiy fought Culcay in an ELIMINATOR fight and WON...
                Now what has got your panties bunched up this time?? It's always something with you. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
                  Yes they were both world class...yes both resumes were solid..GGG's imo a bit more meaty as far as number of solid wins...but Joe has a couple bigger names as Ws on his.

So for those that get on GGG for no big names...Joe has RJJ and BHop lol..and Kessler and even Eubank.

If one gets on GGG for no big names, and gives credit to say Floyd or Canelo for having big names, but doesn't give credit to Calzaghe for his big names...well I just don't think they really know much on the sport of boxing, or more likely, have some rather extreme biases going on that leave them unable to properly analyze unfortunately.
                  eubank wasnt interested, he was CW at the time with his last win of any value 4 years before.

jones shot thru and thru. only someone extrmely biased gives that weight.

its kessler and 44 yearoldhopkins who was still cagey nuff to be world class. perhaps reid if he won that even.

that is still better than GGG with just one number 1 contender win Jacobs and questionable Derev. But GGG can still go past Calzaghe cos hes still active, so jury is out for now.
                  Last edited by DreamFighter; 01-22-2020, 02:15 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                    Only a newbe to boxing would think Derevyanchenko was an easy fight. As it turned out they were wrong as usual. All anyone had to do was watch him against Danny Jacobs to see the guy was a top Middleweight.
                    I agree but a 14 fight man shuld be easy for your hero.

Comment

• Why is it that only Golovkin's wins against Jacobs and Derev are considered questionable, when you could literally do that with multiple guys at 160, or 168 if we're talking about Canelo and Jacobs.

Comment

Working...
                      X