Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Arum: Lomachenko-Lopez Belongs At Madison Square Garden

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Arum: Lomachenko-Lopez Belongs At Madison Square Garden

ATLANTIC CITY Bob Arum would like to bring the highly anticipated Vasiliy Lomachenko-Teofimo Lopez fight to Madison Square Garden. Like most things in boxing, though, the Lomachenko-Lopez site will be chosen based on where they can make the most money. Arum also has received a substantial financial offer from a group in Saudi Arabia, where Anthony Joshua beat Andy Ruiz Jr. in their heavyweight championship rematch last month.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I am so glad & full of respect for Loma that he decided to be a man of his word & actually seek out the 2nd best opponent(& most lucrative) at 135(maybe 1st best) in Teo. (Unlike Crawford who seems content to remain an Omaha townie for most his entire career) If Loma beats Teo impressively & then keeps fighting Champs possibly even at 140 then he would finally truly start living up to the hype instead of just sorta as so far he hasn't truly separated himself at 135 considering Linares was kod so easily his next fight after Loma & he struggled with Campbell who isn't truly elite due to not having good punch resistance (Campbell is the Liam Smith of 135)

Comment

Actually Brooklyn

I agree with Arum, in fact, it belongs in Brooklyn since there is a big Ukrainian/Russian community in Brooklyn (Little Odessa, Brighton Beach) Lopez from Brooklyn, this isnít hard

Comment

Definitely looking forward to this fight. It's refreshing to know that the youngster, a belt holder is willing to step up and fight the biggest name in and around that weight class. May the best man win!

Comment

[Content is Protected, Please Register For Free To Unlock This Content]

Comment

Loma has said that he does not plan to fight much longer once he hits 32. If he wins he has maybe 3-4 fights left before he calls it quits. Which is perfect because he could clean out the division and end his career p4p #1. If teo loses he still has 10 more years to cement his legacy.

Comment

How ironic this thread is posted right after the Boots Ennis post. In that post, everyone is saying Dunkin is crazy for thinking about Crawford. Wasn't everyone thinking Lopez's Father was crazy for calling out Loma just a few months ago? I guess Ennis needs an opponent like Commey to please the non-believers.

Some people just can't recognize talent. Lopez is special, and so is Boots Ennis! Even if they lose, they will still do big things in the game. The Mayweather fight didn't stop Canelo! Lomachenko vs. Lopez @ MSG! Make It Happen!

Comment

Meanwhile, Eddie Hearn puts on YouTube fights on the deadzone

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx2245 View Post
                  How ironic this thread is posted right after the Boots Ennis post. In that post, everyone is saying Dunkin is crazy for thinking about Crawford. Wasn't everyone thinking Lopez's Father was crazy for calling out Loma just a few months ago? I guess Ennis needs an opponent like Commey to please the non-believers.

Some people just can't recognize talent. Lopez is special, and so is Boots Ennis! Even if they lose, they will still do big things in the game. The Mayweather fight didn't stop Canelo! Lomachenko vs. Lopez @ MSG! Make It Happen!
                  that's exactly what they were doing...they were saying they were crazy and they were gonna ruin teos career.....because they honestly thought the fight was unlikely to happen...loma talked going down....teo talked going up(or not being able to make 135 much longer)

but then tank davis had a fight coming up...and they needed to use the age of teo to knock tank and all that....started singing the praises of his "balls"....started even talking about how haney and Garcia want tough fights early....how Stevenson is taking on warrington....like gods....all to bash tank

now ennis does it and theyre back on their BS

Comment

Put it on PPV and watch it flop hard.

Aside from hardcores, neither is that known to casuals. I'm a hardcore, but I can either stream it live for free, or watch it the next day. What's the urgency?

It's a good fight, but nothing earth smashing. If it's $10, I'll consider it. Fight with either against Davis IS worthy to be on PPV at a reasonable, higher price.

Watch and learn.
                    Last edited by BoxingIsGreat; 01-15-2020, 11:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                    X