Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Khan: I'm The One Fight Mayweather Avoided and Didn't Want!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Inspired View Post
    i would say Ali and then Prince Nas being muslim was what got many of them into boxing but as casuals.

I grew up in a town called Bury, one over from Bolton. AK actually trained in Bury.
    Anyway, Pakistanis in both towns who knew about AK before he even got to the olympics all used to tell me back then that he got roughed up by any 'tough' pakistani guy in his age group who wanted to bring him down.
    i dont know where you get the myth that pakistanis support him. He has pakistani fans, but he also has plenty of white fans.

AK came out of that early 00s labour government era where multiculturalism was pushed and celebrated. That's also why he got the push early and was awarded a bbc contract.
    when he got ****y around the pakistani part of manchester (rusholme) where he used to hang out, a lot of pakistanis began picking up on his attitude/****iness. remember he also ran someone over and got away with it.
    https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukn...roken-man.html

i recall one pakistani guy telling me that on his sisters wedding day, he'd hired a car..was driving to the venue with his family only for AK to pull out and try racing him. They both stopped off to fill up petrol and AK mocked him with 'so when's the car going back?' (because it was on hire, whilst amir owned his cars).

the other thing was, when AK was going into the fight vs prescott, i used to have a load of pakistanis (friends and their friends) on my msn. what i read from those chats was that AK was getting above his station by thinking its okay to fight/box in ramadan.
    When he lost, the attitude was 'serves him right'.
    (with that said, julian williams also boxed in ramadan and credited that to his win over Hurd).

btw, most i know also didnt like prince nas for the same reasons, ****y as hell for a short guy. a lot of people dont like that ****iness in general. when you look at Ricky Hatton, he would be seen walking around with his partner in the normal shops of manchester or drinking amongst regular people. not ****y at all.
    TF has always been down to earth..and a lot of pakistanis like him.
    AJ isnt ****y either, or at least not with the public.

why do you think AK didnt find a girl in the UK? he thought he was above that.
    a proper little queen.

i cant talk for pakistanis in pakistan, i dont think most of them care about AK, different mentality and their sport is cricket..
    However in the uk, many dont like him.

this is the mentality of pakistanis here.

lol at tyan booth.
    ———-

I appreciate your detailed response. I am always open to being corrected and learning new things. What you say makes sense.

I think the fans that voted were from Pakistan and the US.

I can’t imagine a sane boxing fan wanting to watch Khan fight anyone let alone Floyd.

Lastly, and this is what I don’t get about Khan’s fans; Khan has lost every big fight he’s been in. He’s lost against guys that are no where near Floyd’s skills and yet they blindly and stupidly believe Floyd ducked him.

Comment

• The best version of Khan still would have lost. It would have been competitive early like the Zab Judah fight but Khan's Bambi legs and glass chin would fail him again here.

Comment

• I do have a question for you all though. Amir Khan has never been outboxed in my opinion, out brawled and knocked out? Sure.

What would have happened if Mayweather was never able to spark Khan? Mayweather in his later career wasn't known for power.

Comment

• Maidana beat Floyd.
          Khan Beat Maidana.
          So Khan beats Floyd.

Floyd ducked him per usual.
          Floyd Duck Mayweather.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoomBapTrap View Post
            Maidana beat Floyd.
            Khan Beat Maidana.
            So Khan beats Floyd.

Floyd ducked him per usual.
            Floyd Duck Mayweather.
            J-Rock beat Gallimore.

Gallimore beat Rosario.

So J-Rock beats Rosario.

Oops!

Comment

• Originally posted by SergioMartinez View Post
              I do have a question for you all though. Amir Khan has never been outboxed in my opinion, out brawled and knocked out? Sure.

What would have happened if Mayweather was never able to spark Khan? Mayweather in his later career wasn't known for power.
              You're outboxed if your opponent manages to land fight ending punches. Period.

Comment

• Khan won the poll, mayweather opted to fight Maidana again for some reason. Then he fought Berto who nobody wanted to see him fight when Khan was available. Clear duck.

Comment

• Originally posted by SergioMartinez View Post
                  I do have a question for you all though. Amir Khan has never been outboxed in my opinion, out brawled and knocked out? Sure.

Guy has been outboxed, not sure why people carry on with this lie..Just because you get a fast start doesnt mean you were not outboxed..Canelo outboxed and stopped him as did Garcia..hell Algeri was outboxing him..Khan is overrated and has no real skill..just fast stupid flurries

Comment

• Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                    J-Rock beat Gallimore.

Gallimore beat Rosario.

So J-Rock beats Rosario.

Oops!
                    You mad bro?

Prime Khan whoops Floyd.
                    That’s why Floyd ducked.

Comment

• Originally posted by BoomBapTrap View Post
                      You mad bro?

Prime Khan whoops Floyd.
                      That’s why Floyd ducked.
                      Not mad at all. Just posting proof that triangle theories don't work.

Comment

Working...
                      X