No announcement yet.

Joshua-Pulev negations will mirror Canelo-Derevyanchenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
    with all due respect, they absolutely positively will not honor a purse bid.
    They will. Why would he give up his belt.

the bidding could conceivably reach 50 million, of which pulev would receive 17.5 million.
    50 million, for this fight...lol. Not in our lifetime. No promoter will pay that much for this fight. This fight is worth 10 million tops.

they risk espn or pbc or a random lunatic winning the purse bid.
    ESPN and PBC are not promoters so no worries, they will not bid.

joshua would then have to fight off of dazn
    Joshua is on a fight by fight basis with DAZN...he's able to fight off of DAZN with no problems.

and fight off of sky,
    Top Rank has a deal with ESPN for U.S rights, Sky Sports have shown several Top Rank fights, heck they are showing Wilder/Fury. Sky will get the Pulev/Joshua fight whether it's Matchroom or Top Rank that wins the purse bid.

with NO REMATCH CLAUSE.
    Well that the drawback to fighting mandatories, it's apart ofthe sport.

it's just not going to happen. they'll either make pulev a really high offer or they'll vacate.
    They'll never vacate...they overpay Pulev, it's not the first time they've done this.

pulev will have to choose between a huge purse or a vacant title.
    I can't speak for Pulev, if he doesn't want to fight AJ over money, he loses his mandatory opportunity...as for AJ, on to the next.

i think a deal will get done. but it's not going to be anywhere near 35%.
    This fight ain't that big...dollars should be no problem for any promoter bidding for the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Queen_Leia View Post
      They will. Why would he give up his belt.
      We’ll just have to agree to disagree. You clearly know absolutely nothing about the value of this fight. Joshua isn’t going to fight for $10 million, let alone the $6.5 million he’d get from a $10 million bid. You’re also purposely playing dumb as obviously it wouldn’t literally be ESPN & PBC bidding, it’d be Top Rank and Ten Goose.

DAZN has matching rights on Joshua’s next fights, an obligation he can’t honor if he loses a purse bid. If Top Rank wins the bid, they’ll sell the UK rights to the highest bidder and there’s no guarantee it’d be Sky. Joshua absolutely can’t meet all of his contractual commitments and honor a purse bid.

With a voluntary agreement with Pulev, Joshua can sneak in a rematch clause. He can’t do that on a purse bid. They absolutely will vacate rather than go through with a lost purse bid.

Whether you think the fight is big or not, Joshua vs ANYBODY would go for 30-40 million in a purse bid. DAZN, ESPN, PBC, Sky, BT, etc have various wars going on and there are a lot of parties that would love to have the rights to a Joshua fight, even for a one off.

You say the fight is only worth $10 million. I can guarantee you the offer to Pulev will be at least 7-8 million, and very well could climb to 10 or higher. Then you still have Joshua’s usual purse on top of it, rumored to be 25-35 million, if not more. This is just a waste of time. You have no idea what you’re talking about and you’re so convinced you know everything. Best of luck to you.

Comment

We’ll just have to agree to disagree. You clearly know absolutely nothing about the value of this fight. Joshua isn’t going to fight for $10 million, let alone the $6.5 million he’d get from a $10 million bid. You’re also purposely playing dumb as obviously it wouldn’t literally be ESPN & PBC bidding, it’d be Top Rank and Ten Goose.

DAZN has matching rights on Joshua’s next fights, an obligation he can’t honor if he loses a purse bid. If Top Rank wins the bid, they’ll sell the UK rights to the highest bidder and there’s no guarantee it’d be Sky. Joshua absolutely can’t meet all of his contractual commitments and honor a purse bid.

With a voluntary agreement with Pulev, Joshua can sneak in a rematch clause. He can’t do that on a purse bid. They absolutely will vacate rather than go through with a lost purse bid.

Whether you think the fight is big or not, Joshua vs ANYBODY would go for 30-40 million in a purse bid. DAZN, ESPN, PBC, Sky, BT, etc have various wars going on and there are a lot of parties that would love to have the rights to a Joshua fight, even for a one off.

You say the fight is only worth $10 million. I can guarantee you the offer to Pulev will be at least 7-8 million, and very well could climb to 10 or higher. Then you still have Joshua’s usual purse on top of it, rumored to be 25-35 million, if not more. This is just a waste of time. You have no idea what you’re talking about and you’re so convinced you know everything. Best of luck to you.
        You're right. Let's agree to disagree.

YDKSAB.

DAZN has matching rights on Joshua’s next fights
        No they don't, fugh outta here. You just made that up.

Comment

You're right. Let's agree to disagree.

YDKSAB.
          once the fight is made, we'll see if the two fighters' purses are a combined ten million like you suggested or the tens of millions i suggested. then we'll know who knows **** about boxing.

No they don't, fugh outta here. You just made that up.
          how could you possibly know if i made it up or not? you're a fan on a message board. you don't know anything. how often do you speak to dazn? i guarantee you it's a lot less than i do.

Comment

Originally posted by ShaneMosleySr View Post
            The IBF says they have until the 31st to negotiate something.

Why would Pulev take any offer?

He’s entitled to 35-percent of the split if it goes to purse bid. There’s no way in hell he’s going to get 35-percent. Andy Ruiz just got $9 million to Joshua’s $80 million in a fight where Ruiz was champion. That’s a 90-10 split in Joshua’s favor.

Pulev is going to say no to huge offers and Joshua is going to vacate the IBF. Pulev-Kownacki will happen for the vacant title and the winner will fight a unification with the Wilder-Fury series winner in 2021.
            And the consensus opinion is...........another dumb thread made by an idiot

Comment

Originally posted by wbc wba ibf View Post
              how often do you speak to dazn? I guarantee you it's a lot less than i do.

🤔......😂😂😂😂

Comment

🤔......😂😂😂😂
                am i wrong? DAZN has personally told me they have matching rights on joshua's next fight. you are saying they don't. are they lying to me? or are you just guessing and your guess is wrong?

Comment

Working...
                X