Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joshua-Pulev negations will mirror Canelo-Derevyanchenko

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It is dumb for Pulev not to seriously entertain an offer from the AJ camp. No where he is going to make that kind of purse.

Comment

Originally posted by MaksBox View Post
      Pulev would be an idiot not to take career changing money.... he should fight AJ for change (which would elevate his profile) vs fighting for a bigger cut of a small pot against another relative nobody (marketing wise).

I am sure there is a deal already in place, or a template for one.

Easy work for AJ, a good fight all around, and everyone is happy.

Is Pulev represented for Arum? If so, he is not stupid... he will take the AJ payday vs fighting a nobody.
      Elevate his profile? This will be Pulev's last fight. (unless of course he wins, which he won't.) He will be 39 by the time the fight happens.

Comment

Nah. Pulev and Arum will be happy to negotiate.

If Joshua drops the belt, it was be Pulev vs someone else for the vacant belt. Arum doesnt control any of the guys in the top ten except Fury, whos fighting Wilder. So in theory Arum would be footing the bill for Pulev to fight someone for another promotional entity, who could very possibly win the fight and run off with the belt. Pulev meanwhile will make a fraction of what he'd made against Joshua in a fight he could easily lose.

I don't think Arum is that crazy. He's already put his company behind Fury... the Pulev thing is just some pocket money.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
          Nah. Pulev and Arum will be happy to negotiate.

If Joshua drops the belt, it was be Pulev vs someone else for the vacant belt. Arum doesnt control any of the guys in the top ten except Fury, whos fighting Wilder. So in theory Arum would be footing the bill for Pulev to fight someone for another promotional entity, who could very possibly win the fight and run off with the belt.

I don't think Arum is that crazy. He's already put his company behind Fury... the Pulev thing is just some pocket money.
          Arum has been snatching up B and C level heavyweights over the last few months. They just signed Agit Kabayal and Carlos Takam when they signed Pulev don't forget!

Comment

Originally posted by _Rexy_ View Post
            Arum has been snatching up B and C level heavyweights over the last few months. They just signed Agit Kabayal and Carlos Takam when they signed Pulev don't forget!
            Oh wow I didn't know Top Rank signed Kabayal!

That mixes things up. He could definitely fight for the vacant belt, he's ranked #4.

This could get interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
              Oh wow I didn't know Top Rank signed Kabayal!

That mixes things up. He could definitely fight for the vacant belt, he's ranked #4.

This could get interesting.
              Yup. Wait a week or so until Kownacki's fight with Breazele/Helenius is 100% confirmed and then all of a sudden you have Pulev/Kabayal for a vacant IBF strap.

And that's Fury's first opponent if he beats Wilder. Bob's no dummy.

Comment

Not how it works. Pulev already won the final eliminator. He's not #1 contender, he's MANDATORY CHALLENGER.

Joshua would have to drop the belt.
                Wait....the champion would be penalized if the challenger doesn't like the amount of money he's making after the purse bid process is completed?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                  Wait....the champion would be penalized if the challenger doesn't like the amount of money he's making after the purse bid process is completed?
                  Yes, because the fight has already been ordered. If it goes to a Purse Bid, then Pulev gets the mandated percentage by the IBF rules. If Joshua's camp refuses to pay that, then it's on them; Not Pulev.

Comment

Yes, because the fight has already been ordered. If it goes to a Purse Bid, then Pulev gets the mandated percentage by the IBF rules. If Joshua's camp refuses to pay that, then it's on them; Not Pulev.
                    No...I mean if Pulev refuses the purse bid because he feels like 35% of the winning bid isn't enough?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                      No...I mean if Pulev refuses the purse bid because he feels like 35% of the winning bid isn't enough?
                      That wouldn’t happen. He’s holding out for the purse bid. Guys negotiate before the bid to avoid it.

Comment

Working...
                      X