Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Teofimo Lopez Warns Lomachenko: Don't Underestimate Me!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He proved he is a very good fighter and also an incredibly annoying self praising bragger. I hope Loma knocks him out and shuts him up for a while.

Comment

Hes going to lose at least 10 rounds, probably have an in ring meltdown when he realises his big punch is never going to land. And everyone who said loma was ducking him will cry, make excuses and say he never had a chance and it was a cherrypick.

Comment

Originally posted by Boy Jones Jr. View Post
        I see this as Trinidad Vargas part 2. But even then, you have to applaud fighters like Vargas and Lopez who are willing to take that risk for greatness.
        I agree. Luckily, this encounter isn’t likely to damage Lopez the way Vargas was damaged. If anything, Teofimo will probably learn a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by alexnation View Post
          Certainly do appreciate the kind words, brother. I do enjoy playing it and I also enjoy watching Carlsen and others at world chess tours. The game is truly captivating and every win over a higher-ranked opponent feels great. Getting to 1500 would make me happy haha
          Yessir. Glad you’re enjoying it. It only gets more addictive the better you get. IM Jeremy Silman said in a recent article that the vast majority of chess players would never reach 1500; and of the few that do, fewer still would surpass 1700. As I said earlier, I once hit the 1830s in blitz. It put me in the 97th or 98th percentile in the world. But those relatively few players above me are like unbelievably good. After a certain point, they become literally unbeatable. It’s like they’re not even playing the same game as me. And, in truth, they’re not.

Continue watching Magnus and those other top guys, with the commentary. They also have analysis of tournament games by different GMs. A lot of it will be over your head right now, but you get a glimpse into the thinking processes of those that truly understand the game. You learn a lot that way. All the best to you. And if you wanna talk about anything chess, hit me up with a PM!

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
            My blitz rating is around 1600 nowadays. It’s dropped a lot. I used to be in the 1700-1750 range, with a peak of about 1830. I’m around 1700 at slower time controls. Yourself?

i'm at chess.com too and with your rating i might've played against you before...and talked some trash too lol

good to see some chess enthusiast posting around here

Comment

Arum probably saw it did canelo no harm taking an L vs Floyd early in his career so throwing this kid to loma is not a big gamble

i think it will be closer than many expect and no doubt afterwards the forum will be flooded with "loma is a bum!" threads but i think he is too good too experienced to lose this

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                If true, I can understand why with Teofimo being a New Yorker. Younger fighters (younger people in general) tend to be more temperamental, so Loma trying to take away any potential crowd support could be a mind-game.
                If that's the case then Lomachenko is staring to think like a businessman, not an athlete.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                  Yessir. Glad you’re enjoying it. It only gets more addictive the better you get. IM Jeremy Silman said in a recent article that the vast majority of chess players would never reach 1500; and of the few that do, fewer still would surpass 1700. As I said earlier, I once hit the 1830s in blitz. It put me in the 97th or 98th percentile in the world. But those relatively few players above me are like unbelievably good. After a certain point, they become literally unbeatable. It’s like they’re not even playing the same game as me. And, in truth, they’re not.

Continue watching Magnus and those other top guys, with the commentary. They also have analysis of tournament games by different GMs. A lot of it will be over your head right now, but you get a glimpse into the thinking processes of those that truly understand the game. You learn a lot that way. All the best to you. And if you wanna talk about anything chess, hit me up with a PM!

Comment

I have a lot of respect for Lopez being so vocal towards Loma, but don't get it twisted, Loma is good and it'll be a tough fight for both.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
                      If that's the case then Lomachenko is staring to think like a businessman, not an athlete.
                      I actually think he's thinking more like a fighter by trying to dent Teofimo's confidence before they get into the ring. Taking the crowd completely out of the equation will force Teofimo to rely on his inner strength rather than getting willed to victory by the crowd's energy. Given their fight history at MSG, it makes the most business sense of any venue.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 01-10-2020, 04:53 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X