No announcement yet.

Again it’s fighter of the decade not fighter of half the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Again it’s fighter of the decade not fighter of half the decade

I like floyd and he has probably the biggest wins this decade, but he only fought until 2015.. unless you count that conor mcgregor stunt.

For me the only reason he lost the award last time to pac was because he missed two significant years of the decade when retired in 07 — at a time where ww was flaming hot.

How much more now where he missed even more?

there’s really no clear winner this decade though to be honest. And the winner would probably have the weakest case against all the winners the previous decades

Floyd has first hand experience of missing out the decade before so has hindsight to draw up on.
    His behaviour is of someone who'd not learnt lesson and didn't care about doing what it takes to be fotd and wasn't seriously expecting to be it.

Comment

Originally posted by dibzvincent143 View Post
      I like floyd and he has probably the biggest wins this decade, but he only fought until 2015.. unless you count that conor mcgregor stunt.

For me the only reason he lost the award last time to pac was because he missed two significant years of the decade when retired in 07 — at a time where ww was flaming hot.

there’s really no clear winner this decade though to be honest. And the winner would probably have the weakest case against all the winners the previous decades

like I told you on the other thread... don't be ridiculous

the question is very simple

who achieved the most in the 2010's... ?

Comment

Pacquiao achieved the most in 2010's. Starting the decade setting an all time record 8 division world championship across 10 weight divisions. 5 lineal championships. Finishing the decade setting the record of being the oldest welterweight world champion in history.

Comment

The award doesn't require you to fight during the whole decade to win it. As I posted in the other thread, despite only fighting in 5 years, Floyd, if I am correct, is the only boxer to win FOTY 2x during the 2010's.

It is entirely possible for him to have the best decade by only fighting in the 1st half of it.

Comment

And the winner would probably have the weakest case against all the winners the previous decades
            If you're talking about the BWAA fighter of the decade award, there have only been 2 so far.

1990s: Roy Jones
            2000s: Pacquiao

Comment

Originally posted by sargo View Post
              Pacquiao achieved the most in 2010's. Starting the decade setting an all time record 8 division world championship across 10 weight divisions. 5 lineal championships. Finishing the decade setting the record of being the oldest welterweight world champion in history.

1) Pac took FOUR losses in 2010
              2) Mayweather beat Pacquiao and Canelo in 2010

this is a absolute no-brainer, so you pacfans are morons

Comment

only fIlomoz thinks 5years = 1 decade

Comment

Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  The award doesn't require you to fight during the whole decade to win it. As I posted in the other thread, despite only fighting in 5 years, Floyd, if I am correct, is the only boxer to win FOTY 2x during the 2010's.

It is entirely possible for him to have the best decade by only fighting in the 1st half of it.
                  then he should win the award for fighter of half decade..

in a car race, there is a thing called qualifying, where you run your car by it self to see what time you get. this will determine where you start in that race. if you have the best time during qualifying out of all the other drivers, that still doesnt mean you win the actual race! you have to compete in the actual race to win it!

Comment

Originally posted by IceTrayDaGang View Post
                    then he should win the award for fighter of half decade..

in a car race, there is a thing called qualifying, where you run your car by it self to see what time you get. this will determine where you start in that race. if you have the best time during qualifying out of all the other drivers, that still doesnt mean you win the actual race! you have to compete in the actual race to win it!
                    Excellent point but here is the problem with your analogy. FOTD awards do not require you to fight the whole decade but during the decade. Winning the race requires you to complete the whole race.I think a better analogy would be basketball.

To win the scoring, rebound or assist title you don't have to play all 82 games, but a minimum number of games to have your stats count. IfLebron avg's 28 over 82 games but Harden avgs 33 over 65 games, Harden wins the scoring title because you are required to play a minimum of I believe 58 games to qualify.

You agree?

Comment

Working...
                    X