No announcement yet.

Again it’s fighter of the decade not fighter of half the decade

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Floyd s did so much less than his peers so don't make excuses.
    I'm not making excuses.

I'm saying that if - IF - the fights Floyd had in the last decade matched up with the fights others had in the last decade, then it doesn't matter if he only fought for 5 of those years.

Discounting a fighter for only fighting part of the decade is nonsense. All that matters is what they achieved within that decade.

If you want to say that what he achieved in those 5 years doesn't equal what some other fighters achieved - that's a totally different discussion, and you could probably make some good points. That's just weighing up his achievements from 2010-2019 against the achievements of others from 2010-2019, which is what we should be doing.

If people don't believe Floyd should be FOTD, that should be because of what he achieved compared to what others achieved. It shouldn't be based on the faulty reasoning that he only fought for part of the decade, so must be disqualified.

His achievements are limited by only fighting for half of the decade. That makes it harder for him to be FOTD. It doesn't outright disqualify him though.

Comment

• Originally posted by Lomasexual View Post
      I'm not making excuses.

I'm saying that if - IF - the fights Floyd had in the last decade matched up with the fights others had in the last decade, then it doesn't matter if he only fought for 5 of those years.

Discounting a fighter for only fighting part of the decade is nonsense. All that matters is what they achieved within that decade.

If you want to say that what he achieved

If people don't believe Floyd should be FOTD, that should be because of what he achieved compared to what others achieved. It shouldn't be based on the faulty reasoning that he only fought for part of the decade, so must be disqualified.

His achievements are limited by only fighting for half of the decade. That makes it harder for him to be FOTD. It doesn't outright disqualify him though.
      A lot of what your saying is correct. People make blanket statements on.both sides. Some say how can Pac be Fotd if he got koed and lost to horn? Again blanket statements.
      But I don't think floyd can do in 6 years with 3 of those years only fighting once a year can compete with pac and nel o who for parts of decade was competing
      sometimes 4,3 and 2 times a year at the very least.
      Last edited by hugh grant; 01-11-2020, 08:00 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
        Pac wasn't going to budge from the ''I need to be informed 2 weeks in advance before giving blood'' stance. You will never acknowledge this because it would destroy your image of Pac.

And Pac was fine with NOT FIGHTING MAY. It was May who made the fight eventually happen.

Oh, just remembered, you ducked my response to your “may is older doe” lol

Comment

Working...
        X