Nsb pick em 2020 masterthread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SN!PER View Post
    Is MulaKO gonna show up?

The rivalry between MulaKO & Finitox never got settled!

He mentioned before he left that he might be back in January but I guessing he'll miss the very start of the season given how early it is. Hope he does get back though, good dude Mula.

Comment

• Originally posted by SN!PER View Post
      Is MulaKO gonna show up?

The rivalry between MulaKO & Finitox never got settled!
      Hopefully he does!

Comment

• Okay gentlemen, I know I gotta get this ish wrapped up and winners announced and so forth but I just needed to get Jrs birthday out of the way today and work up some New Years motivation.

Aim to be getting the final update done tomorrow and announcements then think about the 2021 Intro and Masterthread for Weds. Looks like the next Pick Em won't be til the 23rd now- Leo vs Fulton which I'm seriously looking forward to - so we got a little bit of time, but I don't want to let things go off the boil too much.

regards

K

Comment

• Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
          Okay gentlemen, I know I gotta get this ish wrapped up and winners announced and so forth but I just needed to get Jrs birthday out of the way today and work up some New Years motivation.

Aim to be getting the final update done tomorrow and announcements then think about the 2021 Intro and Masterthread for Weds. Looks like the next Pick Em won't be til the 23rd now- Leo vs Fulton which I'm seriously looking forward to - so we got a little bit of time, but I don't want to let things go off the boil too much.

regards

K
          There is a shobox card on the 20th. Main event is a 10 rounder between two unbeaten prospects. Not sure if it's big enough though.

Comment

• Originally posted by asgarth View Post
            There is a shobox card on the 20th. Main event is a 10 rounder between two unbeaten prospects. Not sure if it's big enough though.
            This FNG will play this year. Good luck to all.

Comment

• Originally posted by asgarth View Post
              I'm trying to take heed of the viewpoints expressed in the pre-season ideas and discussion thread and just step in down a little on the numbers this year and also where possible keep to weekend fights.

If I was going to do a fight before Leo vs Fulton however it'd almost certainly be Kurihara vs Takuma Inoue on the 14th which could be pretty decent, Japan's #2 vs #4 Bantams.... But I ain't.

Don't worry though man, January's always fairly quiet, there'll be plenty to keep us busy in the next few months I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
                This FNG will play this year. Good luck to all.
                Great to have you on board, man. Welcome to the game and best of luck.

Comment

• Originally posted by PICK EM CREW View Post
                  Great to have you on board, man. Welcome to the game and best of luck.
                  Thanks. Where do I get the schedule and how do I send in picks?

I read Leo vs Fulton is up first

Comment

• Originally posted by Dr. Z View Post
                    Thanks. Where do I get the schedule and how do I send in picks?

I read Leo vs Fulton is up first
                    Welll first off I gotta get my ass round to wrapping up the 2020 game and getting a masterthread done for the New Season... keep promising but I been kinda off colour the las t week or so and ain't done much of anything. Gonna aim for by the end of the week though. After that it's simply a matter of waiting for the weekly or fortnightly Pick Em threads to be posted in the NSB forum and posting your picks in the thread according to the instructions provided... it's of the format:

WINNER METHOD DETAIL MULTIPLIER

On the 30th you might have something like

Melikuziev KO MID x2 or KOVALEV DEC CLEAR... you'll pick it up quick enough, just watch how other players do it and make your own picks accordingly.

In terms of registration there is none, the game's open to all and free to play. Advised you play in every game possible to ensure your best chances of success though... more likely than not you miss even a few picks in the year you'll find it difficult to place highly.

In terms of schedule we aim for a balance between fight significance (in terms of titles / unifications and what have you), quality (where possible we're looking for fighters matched in the top 10 per TBRB and/or Boxrec and competitveness... the preference is to have fights with +/-300 odds although given the state of the sport mismatches inevtably creep in if we want to include the biggest names.

For now though upcoming Pick Ems planned are:

1/23 Leo vs Fulton

1/30 Kovalev vs Melikuziev
                    1/30 Plant vs Truax

2/13 Smith vs Vlasov
                    2/13 Teiziera vs Castano
                    2/13 Diaz vs Rakhimov

Scheduling is always a bit haphazard - and it's been especially so during COVID with so many late cancellations and replacements - but we're going to try to get back to a system of announcing the schedule for the coming month maybe a week before the end of the previous month, and possibly allowing the players some degree of choice over which fights they want to see in the game.

I don't know if you read the first post on this thread yet, but it'll give you some kinda idea about what it's all about and what kinda game we're trying to run plus explaining the rules in a little more detail (although I'd note we've added an extra type of DEC pick for 2021 and an extra x5 multiplier).
                    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-06-2021, 05:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Citizen Koba View Post
                      He mentioned before he left that he might be back in January but I guessing he'll miss the very start of the season given how early it is. Hope he does get back though, good dude Mula.
                      Were did he go. To prison maybe?

Comment

Working...
                      X