Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin Opens As 25/1 Favorite For Yet To Be Announced Szeremeta Clash

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr. 29K View Post
    Glad that you’re still on this site. You’re one of the last of the dying breed. Good boxing aficionado. Green k, my friend.
    Ya BJL12 in this piece

BreadGirl banned me for calling out his bias against mexican fighters

But this site is overrun w/ fangirls tbh and now they're mods too. Is what it is i guess

Comment

• Originally posted by JimmyD729 View Post
      Please, no. I hope this fight doesn’t get made. I’m done defending Golovkin. This guy actively seeks out C and D level competition. He’s like 38. He doesn’t have time to spare

that is what I have been saying for years

sooooo obvious

Comment

• Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
        I agree. Dude was mostly hype and definitely overrated. Shame too, but happy to see his downfall. His diehard fans were hilarious though XD XD XD

Let's go little girls:
        yankees7448 TonyGe Motorcity Cobra Mindgames revelated boliodogs @stealthradon
        satiev1

Go f uck a goat.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mr. 29K View Post
          Why not Charlo or Andrade? Oh that’s right... he’ll get another boxing lesson. This guy is a ******** coward. He should just go away. I hope karma bites this PED cheat sooner or later.
          Why not Charlo vs. Andrade. GGG has fought Dervychenko, Jacobs and Canelo 2x. In that same time frame Andrade and Charlo have combined to fight a murderers row consisting of Jorge Sebastian Heiland (who was fighting on one leg), Hugo Centeno, Brandon Adams, Dennis Hogan, Marceji Sulecki, Matvey Korobov, Alantez Fox, Walter Kautondokwa and Jack Culcay.

And you people whine about GGG's opposition. Neither Andrade nor Charlo have fought anyone worthy of being his sparring partner.

Comment

• easy easy win for GGG

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              This type of comment baffles me. Earlier you were defending this move as if it were a mandatory defense. Then, when faced with a comment which clarifies that this unknown guy isn't named mandatory yet, nor has a mandatory defense been ordered, you choose to bash Canelo to somehow make the move less egregious.

Now lets recap what GGG has said. He said he wanted the belts back. Well, he cannot get one from Canelo unless mandated (due to Canelo, who seemingly had balls enough to fight GGG twice). The next option is the Andrade or Charlo. Why not approach those fights? Is the struggle with Chenko, who arguably won the fight, a signal that he is now better served as a glorified exhibition fighter. Well, that's what this next fight would be.
              Get the potential mandatory done. Why pay set aside fees later or get stripped if the IBF mandates this contest during negotiations for another fight. If DAZN doesn't like this fight don't pay him. If they are OK with it, it will happen. I'm sure the subject has come up between the Golovkin camp and DAZN. Ask Joshua what can happen.

https://www.***************.net/2019...wbo-mandatory/
              Last edited by TonyGe; 01-08-2020, 05:14 PM.

Comment

• GGG at 38 still competing with the best of his division. Something only hopkins was able to do.

Comment

• Originally posted by TonyGe View Post
                  Get the potential mandatory done. Why pay set aside fees later or get stripped if the IBF mandates this contest during negotiations for another fight. If DAZN doesn't like this fight don't pay him. If they are OK with it, it will happen. I'm sure the subject has come up between the Golovkin camp and DAZN. Ask Joshua what can happen.

https://www.***************.net/2019...wbo-mandatory/
                  So either they are asking the IBF to call a mandatory or they are fighting him as a voluntary. Either way it's not a fight that is necessary or that will be well received by fans not biased towards GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    kinda... but, not really

Canelo is boxings cashcow, every fighter would cut off one of their fingers for that fight

NOBODY deserves credit for selecting/or agreeing to fight, Canelo

in saying that, I thought his performance in the first Canelo fight was very good, considering

I told everyone that he would struggle with Canelo

but with Jacobs and Derevy... Jacobs was a big underdog, and Derevy had just lost to Jacobs... he does deserve credit for beating Jacobs, sure... but I cannot forget how that negotiation played out... they did everything they could to kill that fight, Golovkin would have been happy without Jacobs on his record

and they picked Derevy ahead of Charlo/Andrade, so... ?

in short... I would answer yes, with a *... his resume is certainly better with those fights included

I do not want to be one of Golovkin's harshest critics... I want fans to... 1) keep it real about him, Golovkin is not even close to being a ATG... a HOF'er, arguably... an ATG, NO!... ATG criteria is resume ONLY, and it needs to be damn good to even be considered... 2) and I wish they would stop bashing other (usually BETTER) fighters, to somehow elevate Golovkin

Ward, Hopkins, Froch, Lara, Cotto, Martinez, Pavlik,... even greats like Hagler, Monzon, etc... got bashed mercilessly by the Golovkin krew... and most of those fighters, if not all, are better than Golovkin

creating a thread insisting that Hagler is over-rated, simply because you like Golovkin and want him to be regarded higher... without him having to actually prove it in the ring... is insane

you simply cannot be regarded as a great fighter if your 2nd best win is David Lemieux

and many of the guys who bashed those great fighters made weak silly excuses to justify why Golovkin would not fight better opponents

it has all gone way too far... me included... but, here we are
                    I tell you what you always make a lot of sense in your arguments, I mean who wouldn't fight Canelo for all that money! I realised I used ATG instead of HOF my bad but yeah I see what you mean with Jacobs and Derevyanchenko. I just like that he finally did get some of those better names on his record. I am really interested to see how the rest of his career plays out, there can't be much left, I feel like Andrade would be a great fight and I have always felt BJS would be way too skilled for GGG. I also stand by the fact GGG didn't want no part of Ward. Good points as always anyway!

Comment

• Originally posted by robbyheartbaby View Post
                      I tell you what you always make a lot of sense in your arguments, I mean who wouldn't fight Canelo for all that money! I realised I used ATG instead of HOF my bad but yeah I see what you mean with Jacobs and Derevyanchenko. I just like that he finally did get some of those better names on his record. I am really interested to see how the rest of his career plays out, there can't be much left, I feel like Andrade would be a great fight and I have always felt BJS would be way too skilled for GGG. I also stand by the fact GGG didn't want no part of Ward. Good points as always anyway!

I just keep it 100% real

I have also been a harsh critic of Pacquiao

he campaigned at manny-weight, mostly fighting mid-level Top Rank jww's/welters... dragging the little guys up, and pulling the big guys down... and above 130, he only fought the best once...

talk about Pacquiao being the GOAT, was fkn ridiculous... and he is still over-rated by many fans

then, he selected Thurman... whilst it was obvious that Thurman was no longer one of the top welters, he was a excellent opponent choice for Manny at that late stage in his career

now there is talk of him fighting Spence

if Pac selects Spence, regardless of the result...

Comment

Working...
                      X