No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: What's Happening With DAZN? - Part Two

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    We tried, Motor City wanted triple of what Hauser was charging, plus rematch clause to do a Part 3.
    Nice, man, nice.

Comment

I like that Hauser finished on a fairly positive note but he did do a pretty good job of highlighting the challenges that they face and the changes they may have to make to be successful in the US market. There was still the flavour in some of the language - carried over from the first Part - of a attempt to undermine confidence in the service, but nothing that was particularly unjustified.

An interesting point also about the age demographics, the difficulty of selling a novel type of service to an older generation of consumers, but this is clearly something that will develop over time... does suggest that DAZN and the rest of the boxing world should be looking at ways of attracting a younger viewership, but then we all knew that already.

As Hauser points out though, in the end the markets will figure it out. I think it's broadly accepted that some form of streaming service is likely to be the future of all sports, it just remains to be seen who the key players are going to be both at national and international levels.
      Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-06-2020, 04:04 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
        Yeah they made the same mistake PBC made when they was hemorrhaging that 600mil hedge fund
        ... the actual difference is that PBC was always focused on boxing, while DAZN was focused on "major sports" in the long run (even if they invested in boxing, to begin with...)

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
          (...)

As Hauser points out though, in the end the markets will figure it out. I think it's broadly accepted that some form of streaming service is likely to be the future of all sports, it just remains to be seen who the key players are going to be both at national and international levels.
          ... in fact, it's about the U.S. market -- which, finally, will find a way in order to protect itself...

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
            ... the actual difference is that PBC was always focused on boxing
            Premiere Boxing Champions

Damn that’s some rocket science right derrr!

Comment

... in fact, it's about the U.S. market -- which, finally, will find a way in order to protect itself...
              This article is just about the US market and barely touches on the global situation, but my final comment was refering to both. It's my view that such services are ultimately all going to transcend national boundaries, though the huge US market and vested interests (especially in the murky world of boxing) is likely to be strongly resistant to change.
              Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-06-2020, 04:24 AM.

Comment

This article is just about the US market and barely touches on the global situation, but my final comment was refering to both. It's my view that such services are ultimately all going to transcend national boundaries, though the huge US market and vested interests (especially in the murky world of boxing) is likely to be strongly resistant to change.
                ... in fact, the DAZN financial hemorrhage was due to their intend to take over precisely the U.S. market (not the Canadian or whatever other market)... right?...

(later edit: I once used to work with a stock exchange of some sort... )

Comment

Doesn’t seem DAZn is in a good spot right now , Lost a sh.it load , looking for a sh.it load $ , &00K Subs about 1/5 of what they expected and only about 1/5 of those Are annual Subs 160k

DAZn biggest problem is that no one from the sport they brought on view this as a partnership and have no desire to contribute to Dasn success . Everyone on their platform gets above their actual market value but so far haven’t been in fights that would give the Platform their best chance getting subs

why all the financial experts that were sure PBC was destined for failure don’t seem to have that same belief this time

what did Haymon do to Hauser for him to hate him so much , will always have something negative to say or spin it in a negative when talking about Haymon/ PBc

In his Personal Hate Profile Of Haymon he spinned how Haymon Who mostly conducts business at home while spending time with his Mom should somehow be looked at as a bad thing
                  Last edited by R_Walken; 01-06-2020, 05:52 AM.

Comment

... in fact, the DAZN financial hemorrhage was due to their intend to take over precisely the U.S. market (not the Canadian or whatever other market)... right?...

(later edit: I once used to work with a stock exchange of some sort... )
                    Yeah sure. And ultimately it may well be the US market proves to be a decisive factor in whether DAZN suceeds in becoming a dominant global player in sports streaming or not, but if we're talking about the overall future of sports streaming we've got to be talking about global markets not just those of one country.

But either way, sure... when we're talking about Hausers article and specific discussion about the success of DAZN USA I probably would have been better using the singular term market rather than the plural markets.
                    Last edited by Citizen Koba; 01-06-2020, 05:51 AM.

Comment

Yeah sure. And ultimately it may well be the US market proves to be a decisive factor in whether DAZN suceeds in becoming a dominant global player in sports streaming or not, but if we're talking about the overall future of sports streaming we've got to be talking about global markets not just those of one country.

But either way, sure... when we're talking about Hauser's article and specific discussion about the success of DAZN USA I probably would have been better using the singular term market rather than the plural markets.
                      ... something like that... but, OK: the "streaming business" is far from becoming a "lead business', as we speak...

(streaming still is a "BTL"...)

Comment

Working...
                      X