Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What IF Kovalev had said, “I want Canelo, I dare him to fight me.” And Canelo didn’t.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
    On which planet was Kovi considered #1 a few months ago
    this planet.

And safety first first about Beterbiev is totally made up
    Ffs he only has 15 fights to his credit
    that just makes my point more powerful - hes done nothing credible to claim he is number 1, until he unified.

a guy with 14 fights wasnt superior to legendary Krusher.

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
      We all know Canelo haters and casuals would have said Canelo a puss-e for not fighting him, “a weight bully...” etc etc (even though smaller than Trout at the time too doe). That’s just the way it is!

I still don’t understand “weakest” LHW whom was rated #1.

The standards for Canelo are so high it’s merely a witch hunt to theorize a way for him to lose.
      No its not a witch hunt. If Kovalev said fight me and Canelo refused you cant hold that against Canelo. If Canelo makes overtures to Kovalev then its a different situation. I'm of the opinion if you want to fight for a title in a weight division you should agree to the rules of the sanctioning body. That means no weight restrictions or re hydration clauses for either man. If they want to go through with it that's up to them but they are going to be open for criticism which is what happened here. Canelo for restricting Kovalev's weight in the ring and Kovalev for giving the appearance of selling his title. Both men got well deserved criticism. That fight IMO opinion was all about the money for Kovalev, Canelo sticking to his stance of anybody but Golovkin, appeasing DAZN and still making some good coin.

Comment

Originally posted by DreamFighter View Post
        this planet.

that just makes my point more powerful - hes done nothing credible to claim he is number 1, until he unified.

a guy with 14 fights wasnt superior to legendary Krusher.
        Do you know they fought in the amateurs

Comment

seems unfair to kov, seeing as hes the one who has tried to unify and face hot types.

can you say the same of the others -

beterbiev - only just unified after a massive safe streak

adonis - got poleaxed once he faced someone very good, left it too late too old

groz -cant hold onto a title nor win it back

the bivol guy - respectable but nothing above title level yet like kov.

in fact kov has exceeded all of the aboves

Sure Beterbiev is number 1 LHW now but Kov was a few months ago.
          Bicol got rocked hard and IMO saved by the bell in one of his fights so I don’t know why everyone so high on him? He reminds me of Murata. Good skills all around but not elite.

Comment

sure but wouldnt you prefer a more informed opinion than a weak one.
            What I'm saying is that there is no objective way of demonstrating the degree to which Kovalevs higher proven ability at his peak can be balanced against his proven vulnerability in recent fights... we can debate it if you like, but it's fool's errand. We all know the salient facts and have the information to hand so it's not a matter of greater knowledge or wisdom, it just simply isn't a matter that can yield a single correct answer.

Same reason I don't waste my time with P4P and only keep quite a loose and flexible idea of who's ranked where even with divisions... ****'s mainly subjective and since we're all subject to bias it just becomes nonsensical. Mainly folk who cling tight to the rankings are dudes with an agenda or some reason to have 'their guy' on top whether it's divisonal or P4P.

Comment

U still whining about this fight?? Its 2020 move on to another topic mayne

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                What I'm saying is that there is no objective way of demonstrating the degree to which Kovalevs higher proven ability at his peak can be balanced against his proven vulnerability in recent fights... we can debate it if you like, but it's fool's errand. We all know the salient facts and have the information to hand so it's not a matter of greater knowledge or wisdom, it just simply isn't a matter that can yield a single correct answer.

Same reason I don't waste my time with P4P and only keep quite a loose and flexible idea of who's ranked where even with divisions... ****'s mainly subjective and since we're all subject to bias it just becomes nonsensical. Mainly folk who cling tight to the rankings are dudes with an agenda or some reason to have 'their guy' on top whether it's divisonal or P4P.
                yes it is, kov has reached much higher and sometimes failed, mostly succeeded.
                beterbiev has reached to unified level once and succeeded once.

of course theres a difference between several times and once.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadoww702 View Post
                  Bicol got rocked hard and IMO saved by the bell in one of his fights so I don’t know why everyone so high on him? He reminds me of Murata. Good skills all around but not elite.
                  we'll see, i guess. he still has time to improve and try and reach kovs level unifying multiple titles and of facing the number 1 of another division and nearly winning.

Comment

Beterbiev was once a very avoided fighter
                    Got his chance with Gvozdyk and beat him
                    I don’t see many lining up to fight him , and really hope that he won’t be avoided like before
                    Kovi has been damaged goods for a while imo , Ward really did take his last breath
                    Kovi got really lucky beating Alvarez , Eleider that is , in the rematch , he fought the fight of his life cause that’s not him boxing for 12 rounds
                    Then got lucky in the fight against Yarde , not sure why he’s got cornermen at all but surely not there to direct Yarde
                    That was his fight to win but fughed it up
                    I’d bet on Canelo to beat Kovi any day of the week

Comment

Originally posted by Young Bidness View Post
                      We all know Canelo haters and casuals would have said Canelo a puss-e for not fighting him, “a weight bully...” etc etc (even though smaller than Trout at the time too doe). That’s just the way it is!

I still don’t understand “weakest” LHW whom was rated #1.

The standards for Canelo are so high it’s merely a witch hunt to theorize a way for him to lose.
                      Damn, you are on this mission to make everybody love Canelo. Every day it's another ten threads started by you on the wonderfulness of Canelo. Nothing would have happened had Kovalev dared Canelo to fight him and he didn't fight him. Andrade, and Jermall have been daring Canelo to fight them for a long time and he obviously is not going to fight either of them and yet not many are calling him a puss e because of it. Where do you get this nonsense that Kovalev was the number 1 rated heavyweight? That is BS. Kovalev was 36 and had been KOed by Ward and Alvarez. The other 3 light heavyweight champs were all undefeated and Canelo said he only wanted Kovalev and none of the other champs. Kovalev was a weak champ and the bookies made Canelo a 5 to 1 betting favorite because they knew Kovalev was weak. Canelo got out of the light heavyweights right after he KOed Kovalev. He has no intention of ever fighting Beterbiev or Bivol even though Bivol said he would fight Canelo at 168. Canelo will probably fight Saunders or Callum Smith next. OK fights but they both looked poor in their last fight. Why don't you just let the members of this forum make up their own mind about Canelo instead of trying so hard to make him a god.

Comment

Working...
                      X