Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain why Golovkin refused to fight Charlo?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by yankees7448 View Post
    Don't play that game with the moron always plays. He's full of *****. He talks about how he could have fought Erislandy Lara but Lara could have easily fought GGG if he wanted to as well. Look at his opposition between the Canelo and Jarrett Hurd fights. Its absolutely laughable. He talks about how GGG could have fought Andre Ward but Ward was inactive and in a higher weight class during the time GGG was a mandatory contender for Cotto/Canelo. No one would give up a mandatory chance at Cotto/Canelo to fight Ward and to suggest otherwise is plain f ucking dumb. He talks about how GGG could have fought BJS but ignores the fact that GGG had a contract signed, sealed and delivered to fight BJS if the Canelo rematch fell through. Even BJS was ok with GGG's decision. He knows he would have done the same thing.

The Andrade and Charlo fights can still happen and if GGG stays at 160 they definately should. But these guys have been at 160 since 2017. Since 2017 GGG has fought Danny Jacobs, Canelo 2x and Sergei Derevychenko. In that same time and in that same weight class the best opponents both Charlo and Andrade have fought were Marcej Sulecki and Matryv Korobov. Those guys need to step things up as well.

But of everything that moron said the dumbest has to be his inclusion of Sergio Mora. Sergio Mora is a decent fighter but his name would do f uck all for GGG's resume. Secondly, I already pointed out how Sergio Mora openly admitted he turned down a fight with GGG. He wanted nothing to do with GGG until GGG signed his contract with HBO.

THEN WHO DID HE FIGHT INSTEAD OF MORA, YOU FKN MORON... ???

answer that question you shlthead... ?

when Golovkin swerved Mora, who did he fight? ... did he fight a name opponent who would "improve his resume"...?

NO, he did not... he fought a total scrub in Monaco on FREE-TV

you are just a shlthead fanboy... and your lame excuses have been exposed a number of times already

1) he made a bunch of silly excuses to avoid Sergio Mora in a showcase on HBO, preferring instead to fight a NO-HOPER in Monaco on free-TV

Mora was an ex-champ who had clearly faded, which is the ideal opponent for a young fighter attempting to establish himself on the world-stage..... boxing has always worked that way.....

NOT saying that Golovkin could not have beaten Mora, just that the Latin Snake is a known mover/spoiler who is notoriously difficult to look good against..... and they were not willing to risk failing to put Mora away, looking bad in the process, or..... worse

when I heard Loeffler stuttering and stammering his way through half-a-dozen silly excuses, I knew what was up..... that was ridiculous..... because insisting that someone is irrelevant, and not a draw..... only works if you fight someone relevant who IS a draw..... not an unknown NO-HOPER on free TV who is WORSE

missing opportunities like that, and with guys like Cotto..... is why Golovkin only has 97k fans..... he needed those type of fights

2) they did the exact same thing to Lara and Ward, who are both also known mover/spoilers who are notoriously difficult to look good against.....

Lara would have been Golovkin's best opponent to date at that point..... and once again, insisting that someone is irrelevant, and not a draw..... only works if you fight someone relevant who IS a draw..... not guys like Willie Monroe, Wade, Brook, etc.....

3) Ward..... they promised to fight Ward at 168..... a) they killed the fight in June 2015 by demanding a catchweight they knew would kill the fight..... b) in September 2015 they refused that fight in 36 minutes flat

4) the superstar Cotto, should have been the ultimate goal of every fighter from 140-160..... at that point in time, Cotto was the very best option, because May/Pac were totally unrealistic and never going to happen

Mr " anyone from 154-168 " totally refusing to negotiate on weight with the little old faded SUPERSTAR Miguel Cotto..... is the 2nd most bizarre occurrence within boxing that I have witnessed within the last decade

I cannot believe how little was spoken about that situation, both from the media and from the fans..... totally bizarre..... every other fighter from 140-160 would have cut off one of his fingers for that fight, and yet Golovkin would not so much as lift his little finger to make that fight, totally refusing to drop a single pound to fight the 153lb superstar

then a few months after refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto and Canelo..... Golovkin threw up his hands in frustration and claimed that he was willing and able to fight at 154 but nobody would step up..... WTF???

those are the exact type of fights that Golovkin should have taken

5) they specifically promised to fight Canelo at 154..... but as above, when shht got real they tucked tail and ran from that fight..... and just like above, 6 months after refusing to negotiate on weight with Cotto and Canelo, Golovkin threw up his hands in frustration and claimed that he was willing and able to fight at 154, but nobody would step up.....

6) Derevyanchenko - and Golovkin got stripped

7) Saunders..... why the fcuk would Golovkin select a total NO-HOPER in Vanes, when Saunders was running around with his "dream"..... calling him Pvssy-Borat.,.... and offering to fight him in June???

a unification > a mando, so Golovkin would not have been stripped for refusing to fight Derevyanchenko..... instead, Golovkin avoided TWO threats, selected an inactive JMW, and got stripped for his troubles in the process.....

the very second that Saunders said he was available, there was no other fight to make..... Munguia, Spike, and Vanes..... should never have been mentioned

..... come on, that is the 3rd most bizarre situation within the sport of boxing that I have ever witnessed..... two of those situations being created by Golovkin

8) Charlo - they said that fight " made no sense "

9) Andrade - they said that fight " made no sense "

if you think all of that happened by coincidence, you are a fkn dreamer

stop licking Golovkin's sack and then expecting old school fans to applaud you for it..... MANY established journalists have said the exact same thing..... which is why you should have smartened up a lot earlier

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      Froch, Chavez, Hopkins, Jack, Ramirez, Chudinov...

guess what those guys ALL have in common... ?

FACT: Bullshltkin could have just fought Ward

the excuses will NEVER stop flowing for Golovkin

his lifetime free-pass... will NEVER expire
      Well he wanted to fight Froch. Carl wasn't keen on it and then later said 170, which, according to you, would mean that he doesn't actually want the fight. Chavez, he literally signed to fight him until Julio pulled out. The other guys, sure, let's go ahead and say he ducked them. As for Ward, I can see why they didn't pursue it further. For the most part, we can agree that a move to 168 means a permanent move to that division, no? Sure, a few guys have done it, but they generally don't look as good coming back down and there's nothing to indicate Golovkin would have looked good jumping up and back down. I've been on record multiple times saying the 164 bit was bull****. I can understand it but I never agreed with it, so don't try to make it seem like I'm making excuses for him. Overall I'm disappointed with how his career has turned out. Had all the skills and tools necessary to become something special.

Comment

• I am not listening to shlthead excuses made by idiot fanboys

and nobody else should either

Comment

• Originally posted by AKAcronym View Post
          Well he wanted to fight Froch. Carl wasn't keen on it and then later said 170, which, according to you, would mean that he doesn't actually want the fight. Chavez, he literally signed to fight him until Julio pulled out. The other guys, sure, let's go ahead and say he ducked them. As for Ward, I can see why they didn't pursue it further. For the most part, we can agree that a move to 168 means a permanent move to that division, no? Sure, a few guys have done it, but they generally don't look as good coming back down and there's nothing to indicate Golovkin would have looked good jumping up and back down. I've been on record multiple times saying the 164 bit was bull****. I can understand it but I never agreed with it, so don't try to make it seem like I'm making excuses for him. Overall I'm disappointed with how his career has turned out. Had all the skills and tools necessary to become something special.

nope, that has been done plenty of times

that is just an excuse man

and I do not think Golovkin "had all the skills and tools necessary to become something special"... I never saw that

I saw him avoid every possible opportunity to prove it

scroll up

that ridiculous collection of laughable scenarios happened for a reason... some of that shlt is absurd, and most of it is totally unjustifiable

Andre Ward, who is about as real as you can get... told everyone whats up a long time ago

listen to Ward describe exactly what Golovkin needed to do with his career...

none of that shlt happened... Golovkin walked in the other direction

Comment

nope, that has been done plenty of times

that is just an excuse man

and I do not think Golovkin "had all the skills and tools necessary to become something special"... I never saw that

I saw him avoid every possible opportunity to prove it

scroll up

that ridiculous collection of laughable scenarios happened for a reason... some of that shlt is absurd, and most of it is totally unjustifiable

Andre Ward, who is about as real as you can get... told everyone whats up a long time ago

listen to Ward describe exactly what Golovkin needed to do with his career...

none of that shlt happened... Golovkin walked in the other direction
            Like I said, it's been done but guys generally don't look the same going from 168 back down to 160. I don't give a **** what you think about whether or not he had the skills, plenty of knowledgeable people think he did, regardless of how his career turned out. And I've always thought Ward was full of **** too so I'm not taking his word as gospel.

Comment

Like I said, it's been done but guys generally don't look the same going from 168 back down to 160. I don't give a **** what you think about whether or not he had the skills, plenty of knowledgeable people think he did, regardless of how his career turned out. And I've always thought Ward was full of **** too so I'm not taking his word as gospel.

right, so... a guy who moved up in weight to fight a killer, is full-of-shlt... but a guy who lied to his idiot fanbase for YEARS, and will retire without a career-defining win... is not full-of-shlt... ?

you mugs got played like a $2 whore loooool

Comment

right, so... a guy who moved up in weight to fight a killer, is full-of-shlt... but a guy who lied to his idiot fanbase for YEARS, and will retire without a career-defining win... is not full-of-shlt... ?

you mugs got played like a $2 whore loooool
                What does him moving up to fight Kovalev have to do with someone I feel is full of ****? He got lucky to win the first fight with Kov and had a dubious stoppage in the second. I applaud him for fighting him but the rest of his opposition at 175 was garbage. Barrera was his only other name and he's always been so so. Why didn't he stay around and fight the other names at 175 or any other name at 168 since Froch? Yeah we got played...whatever the **** that means. There's been plenty of other boxing outside of Golovkin so I don't know what him having an underwhelming career has to do with the sport as a whole. If anything, his career played you since he seems to be a point of contention in your life, constantly revolving around him.

Comment

• because Gennady is a coward !

Comment

What does him moving up to fight Kovalev have to do with someone I feel is full of ****? He got lucky to win the first fight with Kov and had a dubious stoppage in the second. I applaud him for fighting him but the rest of his opposition at 175 was garbage. Barrera was his only other name and he's always been so so. Why didn't he stay around and fight the other names at 175 or any other name at 168 since Froch? Yeah we got played...whatever the **** that means. There's been plenty of other boxing outside of Golovkin so I don't know what him having an underwhelming career has to do with the sport as a whole. If anything, his career played you since he seems to be a point of contention in your life, constantly revolving around him.

Golovkin had a underwhelming career because he refused to take difficult fights

that is not the kind of fighter I enjoy following

who the fk would still be silly enough to support him... ?

especially after lying to his fans for all those years

lets agree to disagree

Comment

Working...
                    X