Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gervonta Davis: It Probably Looked Like I Was Tired, I Wasn't Tired

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He should fight Lomachenko in 2021. Then he can KO him.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
      you are definitely a very positive person if you consider gamboa top opposition.
      Don’t just ramble something off brother... why not make your case.

Why are you certain Gamboa is not top opposition at Lightweight?

And here is valuable hint, don’t say things like “he is old.” This is something that is not measurable as age effects each fighter differently. In addition age has nothing to do with an accurate assessment of a fighters performance. Let’s get it daggum.

Comment

Originally posted by Fire4231 View Post
        Why are you certain Gamboa is not top opposition at Lightweight?
        I've been following Gamboa since he was a pup as he was an exciting talent and his fights were always fun. He had amazing hand speed but showed a chin/balance problem early as he went down easily (Jimenez, Ramirez, Gonzalez, Salido, Farenas and others).

His main success was at 126/130, then after Crawford he admitted he couldn't hack it at 135 and was considering going down to whathe said was his more comfortable weight of 130 (at the time).

He then got fairly inactive, coming back in 2017 against middling opposition like Castellanos, who he lost to.

It was clear in 2017 he had lost much of his shine while the chin/balance problems were never going to go away - his win against Sosa in 2017 was highly controversial with most giving it to Sosa.

So it was clear from his performances that he was a spent fighter, and a win against an also spent Martinez didn't change that. Gamboa would likely lose to any of The Ring top 10 lightweights, and likely lose to a number outside the top 10 too.

So I don't know about daggum (who you posed the question to), but I'm certain he's not top opposition at 135 based on his performances over the last 3 years.

Comment

Originally posted by angkag View Post
          I've been following Gamboa since he was a pup as he was an exciting talent and his fights were always fun. He had amazing hand speed but showed a chin/balance problem early as he went down easily (Jimenez, Ramirez, Gonzalez, Salido, Farenas and others).

His main success was at 126/130, then after Crawford he admitted he couldn't hack it at 135 and was considering going down to whathe said was his more comfortable weight of 130 (at the time).

He then got fairly inactive, coming back in 2017 against middling opposition like Castellanos, who he lost to.

It was clear in 2017 he had lost much of his shine while the chin/balance problems were never going to go away - his win against Sosa in 2017 was highly controversial with most giving it to Sosa.

So it was clear from his performances that he was a spent fighter, and a win against an also spent Martinez didn't change that. Gamboa would likely lose to any of The Ring top 10 lightweights, and likely lose to a number outside the top 10 too.

So I don't know about daggum (who you posed the question to), but I'm certain he's not top opposition at 135 based on his performances over the last 3 years.
          Great commentary and a fair answer. I only have a few challenges to a well articulated and respectful point of view. The history you state is well documented but what it doesn't account for is Gamboa's ability to some how always fight at his opponents level. I cant remember seeing an in shape Gamboa lose every round. I also would like to see him fight some of the top 10. He is a brand name, if so easy why aren't they knocking down his door? Gamboa seems to just not be that into boxing sometimes. This could explain his up and down performance. Crawford may be my favorite fighter. However Gamboa wasn't looking hot fighting Darlys Perez. Even before that he was struggling against Farenas as stated. How does Terrence get credit but Tank does not. Just feels like some promoter bias and this has followed Tank from fight to fight. Many even tried to excuse the Pedraza win as meaningless. This is crazy bro.

Comment

Gervonta should be a comedian !

Comment

This is the dumbest **** i've heard from a fighter lately. Of course he was ****ing tired. Probably cause he struggled to make weight.

Comment

Working...
              X