Gamboa proved two things last night.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamboa proved two things last night.

1. He has tremendous heart.

2. Davis is not an elite level fighter yet.
    Last edited by RJJ-94-02=GOAT; 12-29-2019, 01:30 PM.

Davis will never be elite level. If that would have been Loma, Haney, Lopez or even Campbell last night Tank would have been stopped inside the distance.

Comment

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
      1. He has tremendous heart.

2. Davis is not an elite level fighter yet.
      Gamboa’s got a lot of heart. Didn’t see that for years. I guess mainly because he was tearing through his opposition.

I guess time will tell with Davis, but it obviously doesn’t look good right now. He’s at least shown a lack of discipline. Not good at the elite level.

Comment

Davis definitely won't be elite level with sub par camps. The last two times he's had weight problems he's had crappy performances.

He needs to stick with training with Cunningham who at the very least will have his fighters in top shape.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
          Gamboa’s got a lot of heart. Didn’t see that for years. I guess mainly because he was tearing through his opposition.

I guess time will tell with Davis, but it obviously doesn’t look good right now. He’s at least shown a lack of discipline. Not good at the elite level.
          Gamboa’s career has really gone full circle. His 12th round vs Davis was similar to his 12th round against Salido but unfortunately for Gamboa the roles had been reversed.

A lot of people try and sh** on Gamboa as a hype job but I think he was a legit elite level fighter in his prime, his run at 126 between 2010-11 is very underrated. Unfortunately politics amongst other things got in the way and then he ran into a supreme talent in Crawford.

I’m worried for Tank, I think he’s really talented, I went to see him when he fought Liam Walsh over here and was really impressed but he seems to have completely lost discipline. His output is far too low as well. He’s worryingly becoming more and more Broner’ish.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
            Davis definitely won't be elite level with sub par camps. The last two times he's had weight problems he's had crappy performances.

He needs to stick with training with Cunningham who at the very least will have his fighters in top shape.
            How long did he stay with Cunningham? Was it just for the Cuellar fight?

Comment

How long did he stay with Cunningham? Was it just for the Cuellar fight?
              Yeah, just one fight. Coach Ford is GREAT for what he does with all the young kids in Baltimore but obviously he's not able to get Davis to focus as much as he needs to. Cunningham comes with that military background and doesn't take any sh^t.

Comment

Gamboa’s career has really gone full circle. His 12th round vs Davis was similar to his 12th round against Salido but unfortunately for Gamboa the roles had been reversed.

A lot of people try and sh** on Gamboa as a hype job but I think he was a legit elite level fighter in his prime, his run at 126 between 2010-11 is very underrated. Unfortunately politics amongst other things got in the way and then he ran into a supreme talent in Crawford.

I’m worried for Tank, I think he’s really talented, I went to see him when he fought Liam Walsh over here and was really impressed but he seems to have completely lost discipline. His output is far too low as well. He’s worryingly becoming more and more Broner’ish.
                Gamboa was something in his prime. He was electrifying, in a way few fighters are. And yes, Davis appears to have discipline issues. Last night there were rounds were he barely threw a punch. I imagine it’s because his conditioning wouldn’t let him. I get the impression he’s cut from the same cloth as Broner. We shall see.

Comment

Originally posted by KTFOKING View Post
                  Yeah, just one fight. Coach Ford is GREAT for what he does with all the young kids in Baltimore but obviously he's not able to get Davis to focus as much as he needs to. Cunningham comes with that military background and doesn't take any sh^t.
                  I think Tank needs to train away from Baltimore, too many distractions back at home.

Comment

I think Tank needs to train away from Baltimore, too many distractions back at home.
                    I think that’s one of the main reasons
                    And the fact he needs someone who won’t take his chit
                    Keeps up like this , it’s Broner all the way
                    Getting him better fights would probably motivate him a little more to actually be disciplined

Comment

Working...
                    X