No announcement yet.

Gamboa proved two things last night.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RJJ-94-02=GOAT View Post
    I think Tank needs to train away from Baltimore, too many distractions back at home.
    I'm pretty sure he trained in Atlanta. The kid nerds to focus. Until he does that hes gonna have more trash performances like this one. His talent and skill is clearly there. It's up to him to carry to take it seriously.

Comment

Originally posted by GhostofDempsey View Post
      Davis will never be elite level. If that would have been Loma, Haney, Lopez or even Campbell last night Tank would have been stopped inside the distance.
      Manny has been stopped by less than Gamboa.

Best to see how Tank matures you guys write everybody off when the facts are that all fighters have off nights or bad showings and often against a guy they supposed to demolish.

Boxing is a strange game at times the guys you mentioned might have gone to sleep with the first big uppercut landed, I prefer to wait and see what Davis does in the big fights.

He reminds of Broner in persona ring walk etc which is not a good role model and I dont think he is disciplined but time will tell.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
        Yeah I agree. Also the power of Gervonta - sure He's a puncher, but that idea that everyone He'll hit will just fall down because He's "So explosive" is also false. He had guy with a bit more craft and athlethicism and already He made Gervonta look less athlethic comperatively..
        A lot of potential clearly - but I'm also thinking now that there's a reason They protect him so much for years.
        Gamboa has always been chinny. He went down three times in the fight, probably aided by the fact that Yuri couldn’t move because of the injury. Still, Gamboa seemed almost granite-chinned at times. He ate a few hard, flush shots that didn’t seem to phase him. The way I saw it, Tank’s power was missing in this 135 lb contest.

Comment

Originally posted by MulaKO View Post
          I think that’s one of the main reasons
          And the fact he needs someone who won’t take his chit
          Keeps up like this , it’s Broner all the way
          Getting him better fights would probably motivate him a little more to actually be disciplined
          I think he needs one of those big bear type camps were you essentially just train, eat, sleep, repeat all in same place with no distractions.

He’s got to want to do it though, and I don’t think Tank wants to.

Maybe better opposition would motivate him but it’s hard to just turn that switch back on when you’ve developed bad habits.

Comment

1. He has tremendous heart.

2. Davis is not an elite level fighter yet.
            His corner has a lot of heart. Gamboa said he cant go back out. His mind was on quitting. But his corner pushed and ignored the fact that he did not want to continue. I think his corner deserves as much respect as Gamboa for fighting on. Had it been any other corner they would have stopped the fight before the 3rd. For a shot chiny fighter with one foot Gamboa didnt to to bad

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
              I'm pretty sure he trained in Atlanta. The kid nerds to focus. Until he does that hes gonna have more trash performances like this one. His talent and skill is clearly there. It's up to him to carry to take it seriously.
              That’s even more worrying then. He definitely needs to focus and dedicate himself or he’ll waste his potential.

He obviously looks up to Floyd, and if there’s one thing he should try and emulate it’s Floyd’s dedication and work ethic.

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                His corner has a lot of heart. Gamboa said he cant go back out. His mind was on quitting. But his corner pushed and ignored the fact that he did not want to continue. I think his corner deserves as much respect as Gamboa for fighting on. Had it been any other corner they would have stopped the fight before the 3rd. For a shot chiny fighter with one foot Gamboa didnt to to bad
                His corner didn’t take the punches bro...

He might of said he wanted out but his actions proved otherwise.

At 38 yrs old, badly injured and having already made more money than a Cuban kid would have ever dreamt of, Gamboa deserves a tonne of credit.

Comment

I think he needs one of those big bear type camps were you essentially just train, eat, sleep, repeat all in same place with no distractions.

He’s got to want to do it though, and I don’t think Tank wants to.

Maybe better opposition would motivate him but it’s hard to just turn that switch back on when you’ve developed bad habits.
                  Very good points
                  Fact is , I don’t see him going against Loma anytime soon or even a Haney unfortunately

He’d definitely need kind of like a rehab training program lol

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                    Yeah I agree. Also the power of Gervonta - sure He's a puncher, but that idea that everyone He'll hit will just fall down because He's "So explosive" is also false. He had guy with a bit more craft and athlethicism and already He made Gervonta look less athlethic comperatively..
                    A lot of potential clearly - but I'm also thinking now that there's a reason They protect him so much for years.
                    Tank needs to learn how to set things up. He was constantly just looking for that one big shot. He’s blessed with speed and power but you need more than that at the top level, you have to utilise those tools properly.

His output was far too low as well, that was very likely down to fitness though.

Comment

That’s even more worrying then. He definitely needs to focus and dedicate himself or he’ll waste his potential.

He obviously looks up to Floyd, and if there’s one thing he should try and emulate it’s Floyd’s dedication and work ethic.
                      Everyone in this thread is crazy. The only thing that lack in yesterdays fight for Davis was his conditioning. Conditioning is EASILY fixed.

I find it funny people are questioning his power...as if he didn't score a knockdown in the 2nd round that broke Gamboa foot. You guys have incredibly selective memory/hatred.

Comment

Working...
                      X