Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo's Path To Victory Over Harrison Using "Moneyball" Boxing Analytics

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Analytics is for dweebs

Excel must have created an Excel formula for to knock the other guy out.

Comment

I learned nothing from this data that I didn’t already know. We already knew this and we figure the gameplan for Charlo would be to press more and make it more of a fight.

Connect percentage isn’t even useful because it’s just a guy counting punches. It doesn’t take into effect the effectiveness of a punch. This is what I would like to see.

A sensor. Maybe a small, durable chip, located somewhere in the glove or in the wraps that can effectively track motion, force, and PSI of a punch, in real time. That is useful data. If they can prove the accuracy of it in a real fight, I’m all for it.

Comment

Harrison-Charlo

Hey Vincent Santino: How about crediting CompuBox when using our stats?

Comment

Originally posted by PBR Streetgang View Post
          I'm all for statistical analysis to improve effectiveness but numbers are a very dangerous thing. They may not capture the full truth: you may be looking at the wrong ones or you may be extrapolating the wrong thing from the right ones.

What the analyst says is either keep steady pressure on Harrison or go the full opposite and force him to be the aggressor. It's been a while since I saw the Harrison fights with Hurd and Charlo and even longer since I saw his fight with Nelson but what I recall is that Harrison gassed from either mental or physical pressure in his two losses and was stopped. In both he was either winning or competitive at the time of stoppage. I don't recall Charlo doing that, he ceded the opportunity to create constant pressure in an effort to stretch Harrison with a single shot. When he was looking for that shot, he often got interrupted by a single crisp shot from Harrison. In a close fight, that inability to set pace cost him a close and disputed decision.
          Excellent post! I saw the fight the same as you. And yes, pressure is what got Harrison beat in his losses. Charlo will have a long night if he's trying to outslick Harrison. Charlo needs to wear Harrison down if he wants his best chance at winning. Harrison is a slicker, craftier fighter than Charlo.

Comment

#KeepRunninYourMouth

Comment

Working...
            X