Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Daniel Jacobs: We Left It In The Gym Trying To Make Middleweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Daniel Jacobs: We Left It In The Gym Trying To Make Middleweight

Daniel Jacobs was so depleted during fight weeks in recent years, he's not even sure how he was able to squeeze down to the middleweight limit of 160 pounds. That's not at all the case this week as the former IBF and WBA middleweight champion comfortably comes down to the super middleweight maximum for the first time in 8 years. Brooklyn's Jacobs decided to move up eight pounds following his 12-round, unanimous-decision loss to Canelo Alvarez in their middleweight title unification match May 4 at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas.
    [Click Here To Read More]

This is long overdue. Hopefully this will workmout for him. No more going into the ring dehydrated and not at 100%. Maybe he will feel confident enough to step on the gas sooner in big fights. It seemed to me he waited in his Golovkin and Canelo fights to press the fight.

Comment

Chavez will rehydrate and have quite an advantage in weight, although that can also be a disadvantage of a bit too heavy. It's a bit unfair on Jacobs but of course he is the favorite to win. Chavez jr would have to show the form of years back against Andy Lee to have any chance.

Comment

Yeah, he was at MW for way too long and he's a big boy. A move up was needed. Jacobs lost some snap on his punches towards the end of his MW reign. Same thing may be happening with Spence at 147 and a move up to 154 will pay dividends.

Comment

Reading this irritated me. Reminds me of Ruiz.
          Fans pay and bet with an understanding that these fighters are 100%, however these jerks come into the fight lying about being in the greatest state of their lives. Basically ready to lose.

Comment

Now that he has loses on his record he wants to make excuses. Athletes have been cutting weight for centuries. It's part of the fight. I guess he wasnt talking about the massive weight advantage he had when he was winning. Canelo makes him look average and now he can make excuses.

Comment

Originally posted by Liondw View Post
              Chavez will rehydrate and have quite an advantage in weight, although that can also be a disadvantage of a bit too heavy. It's a bit unfair on Jacobs but of course he is the favorite to win. Chavez jr would have to show the form of years back against Andy Lee to have any chance.
              Unfair for Jacob's lol. Jacob's was a middleweight coming into the ring as a light heavyweight. He will come into the ring around 185 pounds. You feel bad for him?

Comment

This would be an interesting fight if JCCJr wasn't so inactive. That's too much time away, so I can't see this being competitive.

Comment

Jacobs definitely relies on having the weight advantage so it'll be interesting to see him against guys where he won't have a weight advantage. I think he's going to outbox Chavez 10/12 rounds but its a more even playing field now.

Comment

IDK???? Jacobs new trainer kind of chinny????

Chavez jr. might got this

Comment

Working...
                    X