Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Yuriorkis Gamboa Grinds Hard For Gervonta Davis Bout

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxingIsGreat View Post
    Because Berchelt is perceived way beneath Davis. Even at this point. Berchelt would be a good fight for Davis for 3 to 5 rounds. Can't see him lasting more than that, with the way his body is wide open and not much defense.
    yikes, you're trying too hard.

Comment

Don't all guys not named Andy Ruiz Jr ''grind hard'' for their upcoming fights ?

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
        Gamboa was good 10 years ago, not now, he has skilld and speed but no chin, as soon as he gets hit clean by someone like Davis, it's basically over. He doesn't know how to fight defensively and how to survive. Davis will keep pushing him until he lands that shot and it will be all over.
        Gamboa hits very hard too. We don't know what type of chin Davis has. For once I'm intrigued by this fight. Not expecting a win from YG but by the same token I don't expect him to fold under pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
          Gamboa hits very hard too. We don't know what type of chin Davis has. For once I'm intrigued by this fight. Not expecting a win from YG but by the same token I don't expect him to fold under pressure.
          I expect Gamboa to fold underpressure, this is a done/cooked Gamboa. He has nothing to offer Davis..even in the power department.

Comment

Does anyone really expect this to go the distance? I’ll be happy if Gamboa makes it entertaining good while it lasts. “Tank” by stoppage.

Comment

I wish we could see Gamboa circa 2010-2012 against today's Tank Davis but I'm curious to see what Yuri brings to the table.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                Does anyone really expect this to go the distance? I’ll be happy if Gamboa makes it entertaining good while it lasts. “Tank” by stoppage.
                I dont see going the distance. I just want to see how tank reacts if Gamboa catches him. I know they feeding YG to Davis. But what would happen if tank gets hurt? Gamboa hit Crawford in the last round of their fight and hurt him bad. And he was out weighted and outgunned. I just curious about this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by garfios View Post
                  I dont see going the distance. I just want to see how tank reacts if Gamboa catches him. I know they feeding YG to Davis. But what would happen if tank gets hurt? Gamboa hit Crawford in the last round of their fight and hurt him bad. And he was out weighted and outgunned. I just curious about this fight.
                  Might be a little entertaining while it lasts, especially if Gamboa can land a couple of clean shots. Yuri doesn’t stand a chance, so what else is there?

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Might be a little entertaining while it lasts, especially if Gamboa can land a couple of clean shots. Yuri doesn’t stand a chance, so what else is there?
                    there's always a question mark when dealing with an unproven fighter. That's why we expect Gamboa to be knock out. We know why he is there. I just want to see if the Cuban can hurt tank and see what happens next.

Comment

Working...
                    X