Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Fury To Joshua: When I Beat Wilder, I'll Fight You, No Problem!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
    He backdoored his whole career, starting with his gold medal he didn't deserve, and belts Eddie bought for him.
    I agree with the gold medal part but he didn't buy his belt, he beat the guy who held them. Exactly how is that any different to what Wilder did?

Comment

Originally posted by Jkp View Post
      He backdoored his whole career, starting with his gold medal he didn't deserve, and belts Eddie bought for him.
      I would agree his gold medal was soft, however he also won a very legitimate silver medal in the world championships and he also defeated the guy he "beat" for olympic gold (Cammarelle) on his way to this medal.

As for buying his belts...you can throw all the money in the world at a fighter, they still have to go in there and win. He KO'd Martin with relative ease (the same Martin who went life and death with Kownacki) and then outboxed Parker with relative ease too.

I appreciate some of AJ's fan bois are very vocal and very annoying but that doesn't mean we need to start making shiz up to discredit the dude. That goes for Wilder as well! People don't talk enough about the fact Wilder was open and signed to fight Povetkin, who I still consider one of the best HWs in the world (outside of the top 3)

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
        People don't talk enough about the fact Wilder was open and signed to fight Povetkin
        I agree with most of what you said. But bro, you shouldn't give credit to a guy for a fight that didn't happen. Breadman (whom I consider a huge fan of Wilder) did the same. Wilder didn't have much of a choice: it was either he goes to Russia or gets stripped, after losing the purse bid. If Wilder wanted to fight Povetkin afterwards, he would have, but he took the exit opportunity when it came and hasn't mentioned Povetkin ever since. After all, he fought Ortiz after a failed test. Didn't he? Twice.

I feel if that fight with Povetkin happened back then, there in Russia, Wilder would have lost.

Bottom line, let's give fighters credit only for fights that happened.

Peace!

Comment

The Doomsday Clock has begun...

Last edited by SN!PER; 12-18-2019, 09:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post
            I agree with most of what you said. But bro, you shouldn't give credit to a guy for a fight that didn't happen. Breadman (whom I consider a huge fan of Wilder) did the same. Wilder didn't have much of a choice: it was either he goes to Russia or gets stripped, after losing the purse bid. If Wilder wanted to fight Povetkin afterwards, he would have, but he took the exit opportunity when it came and hasn't mentioned Povetkin ever since. After all, he fought Ortiz after a failed test. Didn't he? Twice.

I feel if that fight with Povetkin happened back then, there in Russia, Wilder would have lost.

Peace!
            I actually just went back and checked this. The reason I was giving him credit was because for some reason I had in my head that he signed to fight Povetkin again after the fail, for a voluntary - but apparently i'm an idiot because Povektin signed to fight Stiverne in a new elimination, not Wilder.

So yes, i'm talking bollox here and he gets 0 credit for it

Thanks for the correction!

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
              I actually just went back and checked this. The reason I was giving him credit was because for some reason I had in my head that he signed to fight Povetkin again after the fail, for a voluntary - but apparently i'm an idiot because Povektin signed to fight Stiverne in a new elimination, not Wilder.

So yes, i'm talking bollox here and he gets 0 credit for it

Thanks for the correction!
              It's alright bro. We all make mistakes.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post
                The Doomsday Clock has begun...

hahahah green for originality! this gave me a proper lmao

Comment

Originally posted by BoxOfficer View Post

Peace!
                  That's one problem with boxing. Boxers and their fans don't respect themselves or the achievements of the other and this brings the sport to disrepute

Comment

[QUOTE=D4thincarnation;20262820]How is beating the champ, winning the title through the back door.[/. Easy he wants Fury to do his dirty work that’s a coward and a fraud he knows can’t take Wilders punch so volunteers to carry Fury’s spit bucket....trying backdoor his way to the title...just like bought Martin and Parker’s titles

Comment

[QUOTE=rckdees;20264586]
                      Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                      How is beating the champ, winning the title through the back door.[/. Easy he wants Fury to do his dirty work that’s a coward and a fraud he knows can’t take Wilders punch so volunteers to carry Fury’s spit bucket....trying backdoor his way to the title...just like bought Martin and Parker’s titles

If Fury beats him, (Which he already did) he is the champ.

Comment

Working...
                      X