Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Wants To Prove De La Hoya Right as Best Golden Boy Prospect

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Vergil Ortiz Wants To Prove De La Hoya Right as Best Golden Boy Prospect

Golden Boy Promotions is in the business of building future stars, and although they have the likes of Ryan Garcia on its roster, Oscar De La Hoya said Vergil Ortiz Jr. is the company's best young fighter. The high praise was music to the ears of the 21-year-old KO artist in Ortiz Jr. (14-0, 14 KOs), who fights for the fourth time this year on Friday against Brad Soloman (28-1, 9 KOs) as the main event in Indio, Calif. The fight will stream on DAZN.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Doesn't need to prove it. He's been done that already. He's the only prospect I don't hear anybody calling out in any way.

Comment

This will be his first non-mexican opponent, the problem is that Solomon fought once in 2016, 1 in 2017, 1 in 2018 and then retired, but the overall GBP on DAZN card is solid, good matchups

Comment

Virgil is already one of the best if not the best in the game. The only guy I can see giving him a run for his money would be Ryan Garcia.

Comment

High risk but low monetary reward for top 10 rank welterweight boxers!

Comment

Originally posted by Griever0730 View Post
            Doesn't need to prove it. He's been done that already. He's the only prospect I don't hear anybody calling out in any way.
            Nobody calls out a PROSPECT...especially if you do not bring $$$$ to the table ...yet.

Comment

Originally posted by Satir View Post
              This will be his first non-mexican opponent, the problem is that Solomon fought once in 2016, 1 in 2017, 1 in 2018 and then retired, but the overall GBP on DAZN card is solid, good matchups
              It is no accident he is being selected.
              Not sure how much he has left at this time.

At one time he would have been a nice test because of his style and because he can actually fight but not sure about the current semi retired version.

Comment

Originally posted by slimPickings View Post
                Nobody calls out a PROSPECT...especially if you do not bring $$$$ to the table ...yet.
                ^^^^ No need to call him out, he hasn't done anything. Let him get rounds in and he'll step up when ready.

Which prospects get called out who doesnt have a huge following and brings $ to the table ala R.Garcia?

WW has 2 great young prospects whom I expect to get their shots in 2020 to move up. Ortiz & Ennis but neither is getting called out!

Comment

Originally posted by Sosay View Post
                  ^^^^ No need to call him out, he hasn't done anything. Let him get rounds in and he'll step up when ready.

Which prospects get called out who doesnt have a huge following and brings $ to the table ala R.Garcia?

WW has 2 great young prospects whom I expect to get their shots in 2020 to move up. Ortiz & Ennis but neither is getting called out!
                  That's the problem. He doesn't get rounds cause he KO his opponents early. I expected GBP would step up the opposition for Ortiz after Orozco. We don't need anymore KO reels of Ortiz. He has more than enough

Comment

Just like when Mayweather and Corrales fought when they were both 23 and undefeated. Ortiz and Jaron Boots Ennis should be building towards a fight with each other before stepping up to the next level. Like Mayweather and Corrales both are undefeated and in their early 20's.

This fight against Solomon doesn't mean much at 36 dude is past it and is a shell of himself compared to how he looked in his prime years. I don't think he takes much care of himself in between his fights either and he is highly inactive on top of that...

Comment

Working...
                    X