Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo: I Can See Myself Fighting In Saudi Arabia, Japan, England

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
    Actually Floyd has fought in Texas...
    I wasnt aware of that, but he never fought there once he became a star. Maybe in his early years - and all fighters SHOULD do that early on - to help build their brand. Later on it's pretty much Vegas or nothing

Comment

Originally posted by Monty Fisto View Post
      Interesting post. On the several times I have been to Vegas, my friends have often remarked how curious a place it is, being in the middle of the desert with NO tourist attractions except hotels. Other destinations have an actual attraction or attractions and then hotels appear to accommodate the visitors who come for the attraction.

Let's list a few permanent tourist attractions in the world (there are thousands). The Eiffel Tower. The Pyramids of Giza. Big Ben. Buckingham Palace. The Tower of London. The Brandenburg Gate. Niagara Falls. Angel Falls. Victoria Falls. Uluru. The Sydney Opera House. The Golden Gate Bridge. The Empire State Building. Rockefeller Center. Stonehenge. Red Square. The Sistine Chapel. The Trevi Fountain. The Alhambra. The Sargarda Familie. Disneyland. Disneyworld. The Great Wall of China. Times Square. Picadilly Circus. The Taj Mahal. Central Park. The Louvre. The Statue of Liberty. Machu Pichu. Versailles.Angkor Wat. The Acropolis. The Christ the Redeemer statue. The Forbidden City. The Colosseum.

I think what you mean is: Vegas has lots of hotels and little to do of interest that is free.
      The people that fly to Vegas to watch a fight are not there to see landscape monuments or Disneyworld.

They're there to drink, see strippers, and probably gamble.

And yes you need LOTS of hotels for that

Comment

Why TF would an American based in Las Vegas want to fight in other 2nd and 3rd world Countries where many things could go awry when he's already based in a tourist city where people already fly in from all over the world to watch him fight. We aren't living in the 70's and 80's anymore..

BTW Floyd has already fought all over the world in the Olympics just fought an exhibition in Japan and plans on fighting in more exhibitions in other Countries...

Personally I think the energy of the UK fans is cool but fights that take place in any other country generally the energy is dull and boring and the quality of the video is less than stellar.
        Did you even read my post? Read and comprehend it first...

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          Because no one could match what he was making in Vegas.

If Canelo has to travel the world for a paycheck then it proves what many of us have been saying about his diminishing profile since joining DAZN. Sad
          Again read my post and comprehend. Most of you guys are triggered over nothing. Maybe I should dumb it down a bit for you to grasp the “he is PPV king” bit... Which means he doesn’t have to or need to.
          Last edited by Ray*; 12-11-2019, 03:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
            I understand what Floyd's point was...Vegas is a tourist city. Its built to house visitors for a week or weekend. There are more attractions and bars and women for you to see than the time you have.

There are few PERMANENT TOURIST ATTRACTIONS in the world.

That's why Floyd never fought in Texas or UK or anywhere else. They might have better STADIUMS, but the city themselves arent built for thousands of luxury tourist suites.

He was the PPV king, he didn’t need to go anywhere else... Simple as. Which was highlighted in my original post.

Comment

Originally posted by UNBANNED View Post
              I understand what Floyd's point was...Vegas is a tourist city. Its built to house visitors for a week or weekend. There are more attractions and bars and women for you to see than the time you have.

There are few PERMANENT TOURIST ATTRACTIONS in the world.

That's why Floyd never fought in Texas or UK or anywhere else. They might have better STADIUMS, but the city themselves arent built for thousands of luxury tourist suites.
              The Ghetto clown has fought in Texas....El Paso

Comment

Read fight the best possible opponent as 'the easiest opponent for the most amount of money'. Still, he is an excellent fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  Did you even read my post? Read and comprehend it first...
                  Sounds like you can't even comprehend and understand what you wrote yourself. You said it was a shame Mayweather never fought outside the US for the world to see when people all over the world already watch his fights...

Let me put it in more simpler terms for your simple mind. There's nothing a shame about that.

Comment

Sounds like you can't even comprehend and understand what you wrote yourself. You said it was a shame Mayweather never fought outside the US for the world to see when people all over the world already watch his fights...

Let me put it in more simpler terms for your simple mind. There's nothing a shame about that.
                    Again read and comprehend. Am a Mayweather fan, not sure why you are triggered.

Again go back and re-read my post. If you haven’t grasp it by then, then I feel sorry for your life and education.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasCowBoy View Post
                      The Ghetto clown has fought in Texas....El Paso
                      Spoken like a person with a true low self esteem. Just look at your avatar. Get a life. You wish you were where Floyd is at in life. It's not his fault your some 40+ year old loser.

Comment

Working...
                      X