Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Charlo: Andrade Is Hiding Behind A Network Right Now

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canelo is fighting on DAZAN just like Andrade and GGG. Charlo said he can contractually cross that street any time he wants but just doesn't want to.

Just me trying to help...I'm always helpful....no?

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
    Where's Nelo

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
      Lions promotion contractually permits Charlo to fight on DAZAN but... DAZAN does not permit Andrade to fight anywhere else. In return, DAZAN offers Andrade and ANY opponent more than TWO TIMES what they make on any other network and access to the top middle weights they all seem to mention as preferred opponents on a regular basis...

In short...What Charlo chooses to do is by choice and choice alone.

Question, If Charlo chooses not to fight on DAZAN how does he expect to ever fight Canelo, GGG or and top 5 middle?

Sorry but this is on Charlo, he doesn't want that smoke...simple as that.
      jacobs and dervey are with pbc haymon and they just landed ggg/canelo fights. all they had to do was fight on dazn, oh look charlo rejected dazn. charlo rejected the fights. now he feels safe to bark lously behind his fence about how guys he rejected dont want to fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing_1013 View Post
        I like Jermall...don't think his boxing skills are on the same level with the other top guys at 160...but he would have a solid puncher's chance against anyone around those weights I think...he is like a not as good punching version of Wilder imo.
        I'd say he's closer to pre-Ruiz II AJ stylistically.

I don't know how much he really wants to fight any other top guys at 160 though...Derevychenko would and has been a logical fight since they are both with the same teams, but there is/has been no real buzz or push for that fight from him/his team.
        Yeah, Derevy's probably the most solid middleweight without a belt right now, and they're stablemates too. It would be a high risk/low reward fight for Jermall, though.

And the Andrade/GGG fights don't really sell that well, and are risky fights as far as Charlo possibly getting schooled or stopped...Canelo is a big payday, but he has been looking like a wrecking ball lately imo and I don't think Charlo really is looking for that one either right now.
        Canelo is a big payday, but I highly doubt he'll drop back down to 160. We've seen what jumping up and down 2 weight divisions can do to a fighter (Kell Brook). GGG's the next best thing at 160, but even an order from the WBC couldn't make that fight take place. If Mall wants to unify, he'll have to go for Andrade, which would force GGG's hand should he win. Mall's only hurting himself with all this "cross the street" kind of talk.

He just seems content to me to stay at PBC and take these stay busy fights and just ride it out...I think his team is hoping to find a way to get him a big payday (hopefully Canelo for them) and cash him out, and really see what he's got...until then we will probably get more Hogan type fights.
        Canelo will probably fuck around and vacate that belt. Andrade's the only other champion, who I've seen showing interest in fighting Jermall.
        Last edited by Slicc; 12-09-2019, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Charlo is hiding behind a Network he has no contract with and Lions Promotion said he can fight on DAZAN tomorrow. So what's your excuse not Charlo?

Comment

Originally posted by factsarenice View Post
            Charlo is hiding behind a Network he has no contract with and Lions Promotion said he can fight on DAZAN tomorrow. So what's your excuse not Charlo?
            he's playing on the ignorance of the common fan or the extreme partisanship of the crazy fan. all he has to do is keep running out the clock. hes making millions fighting bums. not too bad. right place right time in boxing history. right in between the hayman/dazn war where they all put up huge money to try and win the market so they willingly overpaid guys like charlo.

Comment

Originally posted by j.razor View Post
              Where's Nelo
              Chillin and about to beat on Colonel Saunders. Then knocking GGG out on Sept.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                jacobs and dervey are with pbc haymon and they just landed ggg/canelo fights. all they had to do was fight on dazn, oh look charlo rejected dazn. charlo rejected the fights. now he feels safe to bark lously behind his fence about how guys he rejected dont want to fight him.
                That’s my thoughts also??? PBC guys are fighting on DAZN

Comment

Lions don't meow

If this guy was serious he would seek to fight Demetrius Andrade on any network DAZN included. Why demand that he come to showtime? Charlo is too slow and flat-footed for Demetrius Andrade and he knows it. Neither one is getting Canelo until they fight each other so let's make it happen in 2020. Yes I'm Boo Boo's cousin but I studied boxing before he was born.

Comment

I don't believe andrade would avoid you out of fear of your skills. Your greatest strength is that you're young and full of life and energy. You're explosive and have a good engine. You're a very good fighter, but you seem to be predictable, in terms of loading up on power shots. U seem to try too hard for a KO, and fight for the audience instead of using the jab and boxing skills to set things up. You use your jab very sparingly, and this causes you to miss an awful lot of punches, which are composed of a lot of wild swings. You can knock a building down with your power, but you won't so much as even touch andrade- not swinging wild the way u do at times. This habit you have will play right into andrade's strengths. There's no doubt andrade has all of the skills necessary to give you your 1st official loss. Don't wait until you're in the ring with andrade to correct this. By then, it will be too late

Comment

Excellent analysis

Comment

Working...
                      X