Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

AJ to get stripped of IBF if he doesn't fight Pulev in April, WBO Usyk in 180 days

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ to get stripped of IBF if he doesn't fight Pulev in April, WBO Usyk in 180 days

“In terms of the dates we have been given, the IBF have said you have to fight Pulev by the end of April, while the WBO have given him 180 days,” Hearn said

It is a case of speaking to Usyk’s guys. They can fight Chisora and fight the winner, or push us and fight for a vacant title.”

Easy fights for AJ

Comment

I think if he has to choose, Joshua fights Pulev and lets Usyk fight Whyte for the WBO. That way the WBO is under his promoters control regardless of the outcome. He can fight the winner of the WBO title next.

I’m not sure he has to choose between one or the other but if he does, that seems like the most obvious route.

Comment

Both are easy fights for Josh and he should just treat us to back to back defenses, but, he won't.

Correct me if I'm wrong but Wlad never dropped a belt due to a missed mando.

Comment

Pulev is next..........

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post
            Both are easy fights for Josh and he should just treat us to back to back defenses, but, he won't.

Sounds like Hearn is saying he will, but that it's Pulev first.

Comment

War hearn!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Weebler I View Post
                Sounds like Hearn is saying he will, but that it's Pulev first.
                Oh, really? I made a thread asking just that. Lots of folks reckon Usyk will be fighting for a vacant WBO, but if Hearn's talking about not dropping either that's great news.

That's exciting new, thanks bud.

Comment

They will come to an agreement. As long as both guys get their shot (should AJ win) without waiting, AJ will keep the belts.
                  Pulev is an easy W. Usyk......Could be our era's version Holy.

Comment

Originally posted by Marchegiano View Post

I think you're right, but that's because he only had to fight mandatories. I don;t think Wilder's team wanted any part of Klitschko, or at least that is what Shelley had said. (something about wilder not being ready)

Comment

Working...
                    X